help on rock work for a 125-180 gallon fish tank

limal17

Hello everyone, I would like to change my aqua scape and would like some creative ideas. I would appreciate it, if you guys would also attach a picture of your aqua scape if possible if not it is okay. I am not trying to copy 100% of someone else's aqua scape and also it's better to see the rock work sometimes in a picture rather than explaining it in words. I will put a final picture up once i have a great idea on how my rock work will look. I have seen some amazing rock work in this website and would like to see more of them. Thank you for all your help!!!!

digita

i marked out the rule of thirds by twine taped against the glass. you may be familiar with this as being called "the golden ratio" in art/photography/etc.

this is somewhat extreme but i came from planted tanks; perspective matters. overall height of the scape compared to the height of the visual viewing area is approximately 2/3rd of the total height. this leaves room for the coral to grow and let's the fish swim "above" the reef as they would in nature.

every rock has been placed within the "golden ratio" to give the most natural appearance possible. for viewing, it gives the human brain a "complete" feel.

i took this approach because cubby holes made from sheet rock don't exist in nature. i wanted my tank to look like a cut out of the ocean instead of a shoebox of corals.

edit: this is NOT a 125-180, however this rule can apply to any tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts