Aquaforest--who is on the program

I'm tempted to try the salt when I'm set up at my new place. Also interested to hear if anyone has tried it.

They will be at RAP this year on November 19th & 20th.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
What differs aquaforest from the salt/supplement manufacturers? I've been seeing a lot of people try Aquaforest out.

I've been on the fence about it,but I don't run ulns system and at the present moment Alk is @10 DKH , nitrate -5ppm .. seen some transfer over horror stories online, and didn't age of aquariums sps display tank crash due to transferring over to aquaforest ??(I came in the day they were pulling out the acro colonies from there display:violin: )

I've been using Aquaforest probiotic salt, and I really like it. It mixes fast, doesn't clumped over time. I am also using fishtamins, it seems pretty good too. The company itself has been on the European market for a while and people are very happy with the results. The owners of the company are hobbyists too, a lot of those products are very similar to zeovit products but much cheaper.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
There have been a lot of threads about it. Most have had good success. It's out of Poland I believe. And I by all means have nothing against Poland, just find it interesting that an Eastern European company is a manufacturer of reef products.

I am going to order their reef salt not their probiotic salt. I'd try the probiotic but it must be used rather quickly after mixing otherwise I understand the probiotics croak and more importantly start to breakdown in an uncirculated storage container. I mix 60 gallons at a time and use about 20 gallons a week so it just won't work for me. The reef salt on the other hand has a dKh around 7-8 or so. I run my tank around 7.5 dKh so the reef salt should be great. I am not convinced salt makes too much of a difference as long as you know your dKh of your tank and new salt water ( and it's not a bad batch of salt). I have been using tropic Marin reef salt because it's dKh also matches well with my tank

I am going to try the components 123 in my frag tank once the ESV bionic runs out. Curious if I'll notice a difference

I am not ready to use all the other supplements. Sounds like too much work. A few drops of this daily and a few drops of that every other day, too much work for me. Well it's too much work for me until I get convinced theses various supplements make colors pop. It certainly seems to be the rage to use some type of supplements whether Aquaforest products, or Red Sea A and B, etc

I did not think Aquaforest was a ulns. They do advocate some type of carbon dosing (their products). That may be consistent with adding lots of nutrients to the tank and then processing them out via bacteria. I happen to have no interest in carbon dosing while at the same time I am fooling around with amino acid supplementation (l-aspartic). Amino acid gives both a carbon and nitrate source to the tank.

I had the impression many of Aquaforest supplements are trace minerals

rIm using the regular reef salt. So far I like it more than IO & RC. Still inexpensive but it mixes close to the parameters I want. Inside the box there is a quality assurance tag that shows that the batch of salt has been tested and the parameters of the salt are written on the label. Only dislike I have is that it is quite dusty. My corals seem to like it much better than IO which is what I switched from.

Latest posts