Pump Emergency Recommendations

trojan_48

Premium Member
Supporter
So I have a scare scenario brewing in my head.. I have a 180 with a 45g sump. I have everything connected to my apex. My scare scenario is very real, during a power outage my sump overflowing. I have tested this and it has gotten all the way to about an inch from the top... too close for comfort..

Any ideas on a battery back up in which my pump can still be attached to my apex but have a battery backup? Issue I see is when I turn off the power to the pump via apex, the battery backup will keep it on..

Any help is appreciated!

thanks

Need a bigger sump lol i have a 45g connected to a 38 gallon so when i shut the tank down i still have 6 inches till the top on my 135

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Is it possible to raise the Drain so the syphon is broken earlier so less water drains from the display? You probably thought of this but that would be a free solution.

That's a terrible solution to a huge problem! Just lower your water volume a bit or drill syphon holes on your return.
That's what I was trying to say. Didn't mean to make it confusing.

I bought 90 degree elbows for my return pipes so I could angle them higher up and the syphon breaks sooner

trojan_48

Premium Member
Supporter
That's a terrible solution to a huge problem! Just lower your water volume a bit or drill syphon holes on your return.
Thanks guys! That's what I did and tested it. Bought me another inch for over an HR of leaving so think that's pretty safe.. I hope. Haha.. I lowered sump water level from 9.5 to 8" and raised the drain return. Issue I had prior is even though I drilled holes to break syphon it still slowly comes down. Any solution for that or it always happens?

Latest posts