Tomato clown behavior?

I recently purchased a mated pair of tomato clowns. I had a small rbta in the tank which they ignored completely. They sort of were hosting in a flower pot coral. I purchased a larger rbta 3 days ago and there was no interest from the clowns for 3 days. Today the female is now hosting in the new rbta, but the male seems to have no intersted and is still in the flowerpot coral. Normal or abnormal behavior? Don't most pairs hang out in the same anenome?

Update! Male still not interested in rbta. Actually it appears that larger female keeps him away. I have a rainbow bta that for some reason has shrunk considerably, he is now hosting. Anyone know why a bta will shrink. All reasonable measuarable parameters are within the recommended ranges. Would love to hear opinions.

the small clownfish was never allowed to enter the rbta. It was always kicked out by the larger clownfish. So I bought a gbta yesterday which the clown immediately dove in. I noticed this morning that a group of zoas are attached to the anenome and seem to be doing ok. Should I try to separate them or leave them alone?

Attachments

Answer:

Fish are stupid.......

For what it's worth, most clowns sold as pairs are "paired" by the vendor. That said, sometimes, the fe!male turns out to be a d!ck... As an example, I had a "pair" that were together for about a year and half that the female decided to be a total be-yotch and try to kill the male after a RBT was introduced. They are now living happily, separately, in 2 different tanks.

I go back to my original statement, fish are stupid...

Update. The new rbta split and the two anenomes did not move far apart, about two inches. Both tomato clowns host in separate anenomes, but often switch back and forth. The female tolerates the male being close by now. Lesson learned, patience resolves most tank issues.