Need tips for apex Neptune system

Salinity probe is a non issue in my opinion. With an ATO your salinity shouldn't change that much. I check mine once a week and that's it. There is a whole forum linked to the apex and dialing it in. Go on their website under help.

This is the mobile version but the desktop one is better.
https://forum.neptunesystems.com

Oh and biggest tip. Hardwire it with an Ethernet cable. I assume you have the brand new one so I don't know its reliability for wifi but when you call apex with issues the first thing they ask if it's connected via Ethernet. They recommend it.

I bought the gold and I think the salinity probe is worth it. Yes your ATO will keep salinity constant but changes will indicate problems. I could tell when my ATO was out of water, for example, when I went on my two and a half week roadtrip. Don't count on it to be 100% perfect. All the probes are more for trends and changes in those trends.

I haven't set up everything I can do on the Apex yet but being able to control everything remotely is cool and I added a camera so that's another level of security that I appreciate. Can't wait to start adding alarms and fine-tuning my lights and pumps.

Join the Neptune Systems forum and read the "New APEX Users: Avoid these common mistakes!" post.

I'm going to assume you have an older system based on your "used" statement. So, yes, I agree, hard wire the ethernet.

Hey I just purchased a used apex Neptune system and I'm trying to dial it in any tip? Is the salinity probe worth it?
If you have ato than I would say the salinity probe is a waste. It's kool to see it and have it on record, that being said if you know what your doing it shouldn't really change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk