Who uses the Red Sea foundation and coral colors program?

I want to know whay you all think. I'm thinking of starting my new setup with Red Sea foundation for the balance and added microelements. My last system used BRS soda ash and calcium chloride and I felt my SPS were lacking on minor elements. What I like about Red Sea is that it is easy to dose with no guess work. It's also interesting that they claim to dose 1ml of each coral colors for every 10ml of calcium dosed.

jessesoto33

Supporter
Every body I know that uses this product have all positive feedback and I started back up on it again because when I used it back in the days it worked very well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool. I've heard all good things about it too. I can't wait to start using the full line.

In the past I've used seachem calcium and alk powder and my corals were much more colorful and healthy when using those than they were on BRS additive. Seachem's stuff had other elements besides carbonate and calcium which is why the corals I believe were much healthier compared to the sterile soda ash and calcium chloride.

campge

2020 Philanthropist
I dose 2 part esv b ionic and acropower sps are doing great so far ...

I used it before, but once you opened the bottles you have to keep it refrigerated or in a cool are or the heat will make it go bad. The products are great, but i got tired of taking it in out of the frig when i need to use it. I've gotten lazy and switched to 2 parts esv with ME corals poly xtender and kz potassium. All 3 products are more concentrated, so you don't have to dose as much as red sea.

VCReefing

I use the reef foundation powder and coral colors a,b,c,and d. I love it I have been using it for over a year now and haven't looked back, one of my buddies has suggested AquaForest as well I might try them out, they have a 3 part system sold in 5l jugs it's $50 for all you need, but as for the Red Sea reef foundation I love it and my coral couldn't be happier either

I've used the Color A-D it does color up some of my sps but it hasn't really made them more colorful other some hint of green. It does work but it takes time as well just to get things fully colored up.

nasotang

Premium Member
Supporter
Featured Reef
I never tried it but i will tell you this. I've always added strontium supplement and potassium on top of brs two part. That in combo with fuel or me aminos seems to work pretty good.