Advice dealing with media

Looking to buy bio pellets n GFO. Looking for something that won't hurt my pocket to much. Also any advice on PVC to hook up reactors to return pump. Any advice and info would appropriated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't look like you need to add a thing man your tank is awesome.
Im dealing with pho but prob because I use RO water. Might invest in an RO/DI instead of getting GFO. Nitrates are 10-20. Have chaeto but baffles are small in my sump n prob easier with bio pellets to reduce nitrates. Maybe I'm just over thinking it lol. Just don't want to deal with it during my fall semester lol ty for your input jet.

GFO is really easy with a two little fishes reactor and a small ball valve to control flow. Bio pellet reactors are a bit more and a little more complicated. You could avoid the replumbing and just add a small pump to the two little fishes reactor in your sump and then you could remove easy if you don't really think it's doing enough.

Plenty of people run high phosphates and get away with it just fine. A ro/di unit imo is a must. You can get them used on here for less than a $100 and it will pay for itself in time and money.

This one

image.jpg

But you can find them used in craigslist or here for closer to $30 with the plumbing. Just add a cheap pump and you're done with a great reactor for less than $40

I've never heard of aquatop but reef octopus is a good brand. You're not in a rush. The TLF reactors are awesome.

GFO is a waste of $$$ imo.

If you are worry about high nutrients i would start by not over feeding you fishes. Running bio pellets is cheaper than GFO. I'm personally doing vodka dosing for the past 6 months and it's doing well for me.

Latest posts