Chemiclean experience?

You skimmer should overflow pretty quickly if you dosed the recommended amount. Just take the collection cup off. I didn't add an air stone but the skimmer produced a lot of bubbles to help with oxygenation.

Good luck, you should see results tomorrow!

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Thank you will keep you guys posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
It's been about 48 hrs since I've dosed. Just did a 60 gallon water change,changed out my filter socks, and turned on the carbon reactor. I have to say I have never owned such a clean sand bed before! Fortunately no casualty during the treatment. I still see some residual cyano throughout the system but I would say 99.5% of it is gone. Will keep an eye out for the next couple of days. Skimmer still going nuts though
https://vimeo.com/178412137

It's been about 48 hrs since I've dosed. Just did a 60 gallon water change,changed out my filter socks, and turned on the carbon reactor. I have to say I have never owned such a clean sand bed before! Fortunately no casualty during the treatment. I still see some residual cyano throughout the system but I would say 99.5% of it is gone. Will keep an eye out for the next couple of days. Skimmer still going nuts though
https://vimeo.com/178412137

Skimmer will continue to go nuts for a day or 2... Part of the process... Glad it worked out..
For what it's worth, after my initial deluge of Cyano and initial treatment, Cyano DID come back but much much less. A 2nd treatment took care of it and happy to say, been Cyano free for the last 2 years....