Chemi pure blue and hlle

It appears that most experts believe that hlle is caused by activated carbon. So should I keep using chemi pure blue which has activated carbon? What other similar products are people using?

GFO....Granulated Ferric Oxide is used for Phosphate reduction rather than carbon. Most often used in a simple reactor. It can be combined with carbon such as in Chemistry Pure Blue, but it's much more effective when used separately.

The reason to separate carbon from GFO in a reactor is that GFO is harder and can grind the carbon to dust...

It appears that most experts believe that hlle is caused by activated carbon. So should I keep using chemi pure blue which has activated carbon? What other similar products are people using?
Purigen is a good alternative product. I believe it's the dust that irritates the head and lateral line so if you rinse your chemi pure well, or use another high quality (pellet) carbon rinsed well you may not have an issue. It's not a guarantee that it would develop. I've seen tanks run for years with carbon with no visible ill effects on the tangs and angels.

Latest posts