Seneye

I haven't done a write up of my approximately 1 year old tank yet but I felt the need to share my current experience with LED's. After breaking down my previous large tank due to a leaking seam I decided to take a break but as many of you already know that doesn't last very long in this hobby. So last year with a new solar system just recently installed the first thought of course was of a new tank, so I bought a very nice small (60g) tank set up from XThunderX and got to work on it. After some careful planning I went with the following: 1 MP40, 1 MP10QD, 1 Tunze 6025, Tunze ATO, Aqua Maxx skimmer and an Apex lab grade controller. For lighting I went with 3 Rapid LED Onyx light fixtures and a Halo Led. The tank is a bare bottom tank and I started off with dry Marco rock to minimize the possibility of introducing any pests, so after I cycled the rocks and monitored the levels, off I went to buy some test frags. Test frags survived fish were happy and doing well, levels were good (except PH which in my tanks have always hovered around 7.75 to 7.95 but has never been an issue in the past). To make an already long story a bit shorter after approximately 6 months of running the tank all my corals were still alive but had lost all color so I did what we all do, test and check levels dose amino and feed, all I got was algae and some noticeable polyp extension but absolutely no color (light tan to almost white sticks). By the way by this time I had already removed the Halo and was down to 2 Onyx fixtures and increased and reduced again the intensity of the lights, I was so frustrated that I started thinking about going back to T5's (almost bought an ATI fixture). I started thinking about buying a par meter and started reading about the Seneye, and after some initial skepticism I decided to buy one anyway. Now keep in mind that i'm in no way affiliated with the company and although I eventually plan to sell my Seneye this is not a sales pitch, I just want to let those of you out there that are battling with LED's know that this is a must have tool that appears to be working for me. I set the Seneye and although for example the PAR in the middle section of my tank was in an acceptable range of approx 240 to 250, the spectrum of the light was completely off. All it took was some adjustments to the intensity of each channel and the spectrum line on my computer moved to the almost ideal range, 2 weeks after the adjustments when only the Blue lights are on it's as if someone turned the light switch on on the corals and you can see colors that look like Christmas tree lights on most of the corals and with the lights on the colors are beginning to show up with hints of green, orange and purple. Hopefully this will help some of you and if this continues to work I'm gonna try to update this with pictures.
Good luck to those in a similar situation.

I actually brought it down to as close to 225 as I could, so it's a bit less than it was before. The big difference is in my case was that the spectrum range my settings were producing were not optimal.

I actually brought it down to as close to 225 as I could, so it's a bit less than it was before. The big difference is in my case was that the spectrum range my settings were producing were not optimal.
Can you post a graph of what they consider optimal spectrum range? Or maybe a screen shot? I'd be curious to see that.

I just purchased one too , and been playing around with the PAR meter and ph , it does show a spectral graph of sorts I'll post some pics when I get home . I'm happy with purchase so far..

Can you post a graph of what they consider optimal spectrum range? Or maybe a screen shot? I'd be curious to see that.
I'll try to post a screenshot this weekend but it's a graph similar to the graphs for ATI bulbs the cool feature is that as you adjust the intensity/ settings for each channel it shows you in real time how the light being produced by your fixture compares to the graph.

Here is the graph I think [MENTION=974]Denash[/MENTION] was referring too

To me the red is way to high on the seneye graph, I mostly Looking at PAR ,my laptop is charging I'll take some live readings in a bit..

Yes that's it and I agree about maybe the red being too high, but again the beauty is that it gives you a spectrum reading and not just par. We'll see how much difference it'll continue to make on how much my corals color up and so far so good.

Ap700(deep blue@50%) 6" below water

(Mid sky blue@50%)same spot 6" below water

D@mn cool!!! U can see spectrum change easily , but I don't see following graph exactly.
Here's same spot @100% deep blue :scared:

Latest posts