Vicorhe's 40 gallon breeder AIO

SantaMonicaHelp

The sheets are cell cast acrylic. I used weld-on (4) the liquid one to weld the sheets together. Not much technique, just a triangular right angle ruler for measurements, tap and lotion bottles to hold the sheets perpendicular to the large sheet, and the clamp to also keep the sheets steady while applying weld on.

-Victor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for sharing, I always appreciate it! :) I don't know much about the variants of sheets, so it's rather perplexing to me.

My condolences on your Aiptasia problem. It looks like you are declaring World War III on your tank.

- C. Smith

Thanks for sharing, I always appreciate it! :) I don't know much about the variants of sheets, so it's rather perplexing to me.

My condolences on your Aiptasia problem. It looks like you are declaring World War III on your tank.

- C. Smith
I appreciate your comments too! It's nice getting feedback!
-Victor

Moved the tanks to my apartment near campus today.
In the 40g I put on the radios xr15 G3 and started playing with the aquascape, using 30lbs of reef cleaners rock. Suggestions would be appreciated.

In the hospital/temporary tank I removed the Rics and yumas off of the last peace of big rock I had. I used a drill to help chip off the Rics and yumas. Water is sort of the Blurry, will put in a skimmer tomorrow.

Lastly did some wiring. And yes I have a reef keeper plus and an apex jr. Short on cash right now but I will get a eb8 for the apex later. The reef keeper was from an old tank I took down at the beginning of this year.

-Victor

So I have been playing with the rocks and I have decided to leave the middle section empty for possibly coral placement.

Update - moved coral and fish into the tank. Everything moved to the tank is doing great except for the only sps I decided to bring over. I went really harsh on the dipping process, and this piece has yet to recover. Aside from take I got some pics!!! :)

My first coral doing awesome !

-Victor

Are you going to seal the interior of your stand? What are your sump plans?
The stand will stay as is, I've already put a water proof coating on the interior and exterior of the stand. I just needed a basic stand to get the job done. Also there won't be a sump, since I made an all in one compartment on the side of the tank, I'll post updated pictures of the filtration compartment and the interior of the sump all wired up when I'm home tonight.
-Victor

The stand will stay as is, I've already put a water proof coating on the interior and exterior of the stand. I just needed a basic stand to get the job done. Also there won't be a sump, since I made an all in one compartment on the side of the tank, I'll post updated pictures of the filtration compartment and the interior of the sump all wired up when I'm home tonight.
-Victor

Oh duh..AIO....maybe a refugium down below..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying following this build (great job with the acrylic work). Sorry about the tough break with the cyano. Looking forward to seeing things develop in the 40. :)

Question: can we still update a post after sometime has passed? I want to update my first post in this thread to reflect my current fts and equipment and coral list.

UPDATE:
Been busy with school and all. I've been letting the tank run without tampering with it much. There wasn't much of a diatom phase when I was cycling this tank: at first there would be some diatoms that show up on the top of the rock and white acrylic sheet bottom, but they seemed to die down when the lights turned on; this happened for a couple of days until small scrubs of hair algae I believe took over the rock and acrylic bottom.

CURRENT FTS:

I expected there to be algae but not on the acrylic bottom:

(Sorry for the weird color balance)

Debating on whether I should wiped off all the algae off the bottom and glass.
Or maybe it's time for a clean up crew now that I have a hermit crab population of zero:

Don't really know what happened to it. One day that whit layer just covered the mouth of the shell...rip

Fish are doing fine after starving during the summer. They've fattened up quite a bit. My larger clownfish used to have a dark patch of skin on the middle white bar, it has started to fade away. I assume it happens when the fish are stressed. A while back in the hospital tank this clown wasn't doing so well: it was skinny and for some reason the other clown nipped at this clown's mouth and nose, exposing the bone I think. I thought it was a goner back then.

Corals from the hospital tank have recovered nicely. I had some bleached red hornets which are started to show their pattern once again. The Rics and yumas survived the removal process from the old substrate. The hammer coral is starting to open up more and regain its color.

Also picked up two prices of coral on October first, anyone knowing the name please tell me haha.

That's about it for the update, will do a water change this weekend and scrub out the algae on the floor.

-Victor