Stand Height? Silicone Color?

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
my tank with similar dimensions has a 40" stand and I love it! Lot's of room to work inside and nice to walk up and look into the tank without bending over. My kids (5 and 3) cant look into it without a stool but they'll grow :)

bsme

My steel stand w/leveling feet & 3/4" ply on top puts the bottom of my tank 42.5" above the floor. Besides the viewing height, main advantage for me was tons of space underneath. Not an issue for some but all my gear is underneath tank & having easy access was driving factor. Tank is 72x30x24 tall. I think black silicon looks cleaner but that's strictly a personal preference. If I had longer arms I would have gone with the 27" tall tank. Looks very nice.

My steel stand w/leveling feet & 3/4" ply on top puts the bottom of my tank 42.5" above the floor. Besides the viewing height, main advantage for me was tons of space underneath. Not an issue for some but all my gear is underneath tank & having easy access was driving factor. Tank is 72x30x24 tall. I think black silicon looks cleaner but that's strictly a personal preference. If I had longer arms I would have gone with the 27" tall tank. Looks very nice.
I didnt account for plywood and the leveling feet so I think 40" is the way to go then.

How tall are you if you dont mind me asking? Do you have a hard time getting to the back middle of your tank?

bsme

I didnt account for plywood and the leveling feet so I think 40" is the way to go then.

How tall are you if you dont mind me asking? Do you have a hard time getting to the back middle of your tank?
5'-8". Use a small step ladder for anything inside tank. Only access problems I have are because of rock placement. That's a really nice tank you're planning. Good luck with it.

Latest posts