eMac's 150

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
how did you get rid of the hair algae on top of the tank? did you go through a cyano outbreak? cause that ish is kicking my arse

My Tank Build
how did you get rid of the hair algae on top of the tank? did you go through a cyano outbreak? cause that ish is kicking my arse
I got a sea hare for the hair algae. But no I haven't had any cyano at all in this tank. I am getting that dam red turf algae back tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Tank Build
So the last week or so I've been showing interest into my tank again. Over the weekend I installed an algae turf scrubber to help fight the Gha.

I also installed a DIY jebao wavebox in the tank over the weekend and an mp40

So now I'm running 2 xf150 gyres, a wp25 in wavebox and a mp40. Plenty of flow.

The tank hasn't had a skimmer running on it for about a month now. I was running the YCA dc 30 on the tank but it was stripping the water to much and all my sps was really pale. The same day I took the skimmer off line I also dialed the etherreal's down to 70%. Now my sps seem to be getting a lot of there colors back. I do have my itech 200 but I'm waiting on a replacement pump

Here's a fts (yes I know I've got a grassy meadow in my salt water tank, this is what happens when u use old rocks)

Sticks are looking good. The reflection on the lights tripped me out but then I remembered you had the etherreals. I'm surprised they grow coral that well.

My Tank Build
Sticks are looking good. The reflection on the lights tripped me out but then I remembered you had the etherreals. I'm surprised they grow coral that well.
Yea there doing pretty good to. I had them at 100% and with the combination of over sized skimmer I believe they were bleaching the sps out. Over the month the sps has been getting a lot of pigment back.

My Tank Build
Redid my sump last night. 2 weeks ago I hooked up a falling water turf scrubber to help fight off the gha. Well it wasn't the best design and was in a bad place, was a pita to get out and clean. Well I decided to turn the turf scrubber into an underwater scrubber. I had a large bubble trap section in the first section that made a great place for the scrubber.
I moved my scrubber to the first section of the sump and moved my calrx to the other side of my stand.
I'm liking the new design makes getting to the scrubber, skimmer easier.

Redid my sump last night. 2 weeks ago I hooked up a falling water turf scrubber to help fight off the gha. Well it wasn't the best design and was in a bad place, was a pita to get out and clean. Well I decided to turn the turf scrubber into an underwater scrubber. I had a large bubble trap section in the first section that made a great place for the scrubber.
I moved my scrubber to the first section of the sump and moved my calrx to the other side of my stand.
I'm liking the new design makes getting to the scrubber, skimmer easier.
I just set up a cheato reactor. Gonna see how it does. You may want to look into them.

If you get a good amount of Cheato in there.. may consider putting the calcium reactor outlet in the intake of this reactor. The higher levels of CO2 will increase plant growth substantially

I just set up a cheato reactor. Gonna see how it does. You may want to look into them.

My Tank Build
Well it's been about 19 days sense I hooked up the ATS and the tank is starting to look a little been. I'm really thinking about giving that liquid aquarium cleaner a go around. Until then I'll keep the ats on line.
So this was on 1/15/17

And this was on 1/31/17

Are you referring to vibrant ? Or something else?

Well it's been about 19 days sense I hooked up the ATS and the tank is starting to look a little been. I'm really thinking about giving that liquid aquarium cleaner a go around. Until then I'll keep the ats on line.
So this was on 1/15/17

And this was on 1/31/17