Communication problem with fish street

Hoping that the problem is a language communication problem with fish street. I bought a jecod crossflow cp40 from fish street in May 2016. It worked great until a couple of days ago when a red warning light came on the pump and it would not work at all in any mode. Took it out of the tank and could find nothing abnormal with it. I contacted fish street (Eric) asked about warranty repair as I have only had it 3 months. I believe the warranty is for a year. Unfortunately i have no idea what he is saying. If anyone speaks chines who could communicate for me I would be very grateful as I would like to get this pump repaired/replaced. Please do not flame on Jaebo/jecod as that will not help anything.

Below is a stream of emails that from my perspective are non understandable.
thanks for your help.

To: Laurence <agia@cox.net>
Subject: RE: cp40 motor parts
Hi
All item over 3 month need pay shipping fee without return to repair
It cost you more time and cost

2016年8月21日 13:26 於 "Laurence Wahl" <agia@cox.net> 寫道:
I am confused. Is this pump covered for warranty of 1 year? This pump at this price should last longer than 3 months. It was purchased from you as referenced below on May 3, 2016. Please advise.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/20/2016 20:50 (GMT-08:00)
To: agia@cox.net
Subject: Support Request :: Jecod cp 40 stopped working

HI

Custom order here

cp40 motor parts

USD10 shipping fee
http://www.fish-street.com/custom_order_payment

ERic

>Purchased jecod cp40 2 to 3 months ago. This morning pump not working. Red warning light is on. I believe this is covered by a 1 year warranty. Please advise. Thank you

Use following URL to reply
From: Fish Street Store Support <support@fish-street.com>
Date: 8/20/2016 20:38 (GMT-08:00)
To: Laurence Wahl <agia@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Support Request :: Never received purchase confirmation
HI

Please custom order here

USD10 shipping tracking fee

cp40 motor parts

Eric

On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Laurence Wahl <agia@cox.net> wrote:
I do not have an order id, as you can see by the email, it shipped 5-3-16. I never received tracking or order confirmation. It was ordered without setting up account. Thank you

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

From: Fish Street Store Support <support@fish-street.com>
Date: 8/20/2016 04:36 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: Support Request :: Never received purchase confirmation
HI

what is for your order ID?
agia@cox.net
its cannot using email to search for you

eRic

On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 6:07 AM, Laurence Wahl <agia@cox.net> wrote:
The Jecod crossflow cp40 that I ordered stopped working today. It shows a red warning light and does not work. Obviously purchased in May 2, 2016, 3 months ago. Please advise for warranty coverage.

On 5/3/2016 6:58 PM, support@fish-street.com wrote:
Hi

It's have shipped, waiting our cs update on the tracking

Eric
I ordered a jecod crossflow cp40 4-5 days ago and never received a confirmation or tracking email. Please advise. It was ordered without creating an account. Thank You.

If jecod is the same as jebao my understanding there is no warranty. The email is giving you links to the parts and order so by the time you pay for everything you can buy another one. Is there anything on the website about the one year warranty???

Clearly a lesson learned.
Here is the latest non understandable emails. On one line he says it is the motor and the next line he says it is mostly controller. Which is it?

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Date: 8/21/2016 22:10 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: cp40 motor parts
no, mostly is the motor on it

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Eric Wong <rainfile@gmail.com> wrote:
mostly is controller on it

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Laurence Wahl <agia@cox.net> wrote:
Thank you for your response. However, I do not know what is wrong with the pump or controller. Sending a new motor might not fix the problem. If you do not want to repair then send a whole new unit. Thank you for your help.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab4

Date: 8/21/2016 5:54 PM (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: cp40 motor parts
HI

Include warranty

Just need pay USD10 tracking fee only
cp40 motor parts

USD10 shipping fee

after you make the payment, we will send you a new parts, no need to return

Eric

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 10:22 PM, Laurence Wahl <agia@cox.net> wrote:
I do not understand what you are saying. Is this covered under warranty? How do I get this repaired? Please clearly explain what I need to do to get this pump fixed. Thank you.

Cody, I am becoming one. I had 2 wp25s that lasted 3 years, and both died within the same week, but 3 months is really not acceptable. Here is my recent response.

Unfortunately I am still very confused. On one line you say it is the motor and on the other line you say it is the controller. Please give me clear instructions on how to get this pump repaired or replaced as soon as possible as my tank needs the pump. It appears that the easiest way to solve the problem is to ship me a totally new unit. Thank you for your help.

Cody, I am becoming one. I had 2 wp25s that lasted 3 years, and both died within the same week, but 3 months is really not acceptable. Here is my recent response.

Unfortunately I am still very confused. On one line you say it is the motor and on the other line you say it is the controller. Please give me clear instructions on how to get this pump repaired or replaced as soon as possible as my tank needs the pump. It appears that the easiest way to solve the problem is to ship me a totally new unit. Thank you for your help.
If your in a pinch, I'm sure I have a powerhead or two you can borrow for the time being.

Thanks Cody, but went out and bought a couple this weekend. Just is aggravating that as big of a company as fishstreet apparently is, that they do not stand behind there products or have someone who can communicate effectively in English.

Thanks Cody, but went out and bought a couple this weekend. Just is aggravating that as big of a company as fishstreet apparently is, that they do not stand behind there products or have someone who can communicate effectively in English.
Dude, they're a Chinese company. Everyone in that company speak broken Engrish. What did you expect? lol

Just thought it would be good business practices that if you are going to sell products in a country you should have at least one person in the company that speaks the language adequately. Guess that is asking too much.

Most recent communication, if it can be called that, is that if I pay $10 for what I am not sure, fishstreet will send me a new pump. If that does not work as they say that is the problem, not sure if they will send a new controller. I paid the $10, and that was a week ago and still have not seen a new pump, or tracking info. I will wait another week before I waste my time and contact them.

Just to conclude this diatribe, I did finally receive a pump and controller(said they would not send that). It came in parts that required assembly, which usually is not a big deal, but it took me over 2 hours to put it together so both sides would work without making horific noises. It does not seem to be working as well as the first one was, but I give up trying to deal with fish street. Huge lesons learned, deal with an American company. At least someone who speaks reasonable english.

Latest posts