Scoly ID and care

Picked this up from a fellow reefer but I'm new to this mainly because of the cost of the pieces. I've read too many different threads about feeding/lighting/flow to have a consensus. I'm fairly certain they like moderate flow, indirect light (like an acan) and feedings once a week(small Mysis). In general based on your experience is this a good starting point? I'm running a radion gen 2 on 50% during the day over a 70cube and the scoly is on the bottom in partial light. I only have lps in the tank and am dosing kalk 3x/week.

What kind of scoly is it?
When it first went into the tank daylight
image.jpg
Day 3 with just a little more blues
image.jpg

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Sounds like a good start. mine has handled medium light well. It does not handle high flow well at all though. I got major recession with skeleton exposed from jacking my flow way up for sps.

I feed mine meaty foods as well as pellets. Loves the fauna Marin ultra lps pellets.

Its a warpaint scoly i keep.mine under low-med light and low.flow under a radion pro and feed fauna marin once.a.week

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Low light and low flow. Just know that even with the right conditions and occasional feedings, they are tough to keep long term. You'd be hard pressed to find one more than 3 or so years old. Most perish before that from what I've seen.

I have mine for about 4 months, kept it at low flow and bottom of the sand. I broadcast Reef Chilli twice a week and once awhile I direct feed with frozen Hikari brine shrimp

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Let's see everyone's Scolies...

Trying to bring this one back, bought is at a discount from lfs

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk