SPS Grown under Kessils

[MENTION=11626]Ensane1reef[/MENTION]
I think your corals were starving you have to try to balance light to nutrient. Some no3 some po4(close to ulns) with low alk 7-7.6 dkh and lower light @ 42-45% on both spectrum depending on my nutrient I also keep my tank a lot cooler about 74-76. If you wanted it to color up.

As far as growth I think high alk at 8.3-9 dkh would be best with Max intensity and color no more then 46%-50%. I sometimes adjust 1-2% higher if I have higher alk with high nutrient no3 and po4 tanks.
Thank you very much that helps and will focus on those areas didnt thing much on the food side for the sps I run gfo and carbon phosphate usually 0.00 (hana) and nitrate 0-2 (salifert). I lowered the intensity to 45. Should I add something for them? ie food, amino, spot feed. Don't want to stave them.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Turn off your gfo bring up your po4 to .03-.06 ppm or use 1/4 the recommend gfo if you have an algae issue.
I use acro power to bring up some po4 and feed my fish more(fish poop) is good a no3 source if you don't have enough fish bio load some stump remover will help. You can spot feed it's mainly for lps rather then sps. I wouldnt mess with the lights bc of your elevated alk, but you can turn then down. Change one thing at a time. Otherwise you my kill them all.

Thank you very much that helps and will focus on those areas didnt thing much on the food side for the sps I run gfo and carbon phosphate usually 0.00 (hana) and nitrate 0-2 (salifert). I lowered the intensity to 45. Should I add something for them? ie food, amino, spot feed. Don't want to stave them.

Turn off your gfo bring up your po4 to .03-.06 ppm or use 1/4 the recommend gfo if you have an algae issue.
I use acro power to bring up some po4 and feed my fish more(fish poop) is good a no3 source if you don't have enough fish bio load some stump remover will help. You can spot feed it's mainly for lps rather then sps. I wouldnt mess with the lights bc of your elevated alk, but you can turn then down. Change one thing at a time. Otherwise you my kill them all.
How often are you using acro power. Should I worry about lowering the light set it last night...(don't want to come home to problems) before I was shooting up to spike and then back down been wanting to lower them for a while now but everything else is growing good including some sps (the ones not high up and not directly under the light) witch is where the sps is suppose to be OK. They would run at 0- 35% intensity within the fist hour and climb from there to 80%. Will the tank be able to handle the intensity drop being now at 45%?

djrice69

Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Acropower I pretty much dose once a day at night don't worry too much about lowering lights is better then increasing it. But if everything is fine just move the pale corals down. And work on nutrients

How often are you using acro power. Should I worry about lowering the light set it last night...(don't want to come home to problems) before I was shooting up to spike and then back down been wanting to lower them for a while now but everything else is growing good including some sps (the ones not high up and not directly under the light) witch is where the sps is suppose to be OK. They would run at 0- 35% intensity within the fist hour and climb from there to 80%. Will the tank be able to handle the intensity drop being now at 45%?

djrice69

Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Quick Update this was grown as a frag I now run SBars with one SBox with Kessils. This was lit under Sbox+Kessils and Sbars Primary

I noticed it had more yellow tips with Higher Lights
Vs

This Under Kessil+ Sbars about the same height looks more red with some yellow tip

Both are from the same mother

Neopixal

Quick Update this was grown as a frag I now run SBars with one SBox with Kessils. This was lit under Sbox+Kessils and Sbars Primary

I noticed it had more yellow tips with Higher Lights
Vs

This Under Kessil+ Sbars about the same height looks more red with some yellow tip

Both are from the same mother
Those colors look rad, I only have a Kessil, hope my Bananarama acro stays majority yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djrice69

Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Those colors look rad, I only have a Kessil, hope my Bananarama acro stays majority yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crank up the lights for more yellow

Latest posts