Do i need to replace my Metal halide bulb?

R

reefer714

Can you give us some info on the type of buld, ballast.

If your ballast is HQI and your buld is standard magnetic. Sometime it doesn't fire. Do you hear any flickering sound?

Can you give us some info on the type of buld, ballast.

If your ballast is HQI and your buld is standard magnetic. Sometime it doesn't fire. Do you hear any flickering sound?
Not sure on the bulb, its whatever comes stock in the viper k-2 DE HQI, the ballast is a electronic 150 watt.

R

reefer714

Who made the ballast? Is it IC, Coral vue, blueline? There is a possibility the buld and ballast aren't comparable or you may get a bad bulb. Take it back to whoever you bought it from and have them test it.

Who made the ballast? Is it IC, Coral vue, blueline? There is a possibility the buld and ballast aren't comparable or you may get a bad bulb. Take it back to whoever you bought it from and have them test it.
Bulbs never had a problem, been up and running for a good 3 months now without a problem. Just went to turn it on today, and it's now doing this.

R

reefer714

hmmm, strange problem. did you share the plug with anything? How about try to plug in somewhere else :D. Sometime when you have many things running on 1 breaker it will weakening your lighting. Does it make any sense?

Ahhhh, not starting again, what could be going on? Theres a small silver color "puddle" of something sitting on the bottom of the inside of the bulb, is that normal?

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
I would prob try to find someone with an extra bulb. That will let you know the bulb or ballast is the prob. Also try contacting the manufacturer of the light system. It could be a defect and you could exchange it.

Yup, deff. needs a new bulb. I went to take the bulb out of the fixture and bam, the plastic on the end piece just fell off. Time for a new bulb! Hopefully that'll be the only problem. Thanks for the offer on lending the pendant! If i replace the bulb and still doesnt fire up, ill deff. send it in to have it fixed and take you up on that offer. Thanks

Latest posts