30 things I wish I knew when starting the hobby

Welcome to SCR!!! Just curious....do you get paid for people watching your video?? My Daughter's friend is all into making videos on youtube
did he have ads in the start..? i have add blocker... there are a lot of ways to make money on youtube... on my channel, i'm going to start a patreon account on my channel just so i can buy more exotic plants and projects for future videos...

did he have ads in the start..? i have add blocker... there are a lot of ways to make money on youtube... on my channel, i'm going to start a patreon account on my channel just so i can buy more exotic plants and projects for future videos...
I didn't even click on the video. Just like the saltwater lady, I saw a video about how poor she was and didn't even see a tank where she claim to live.

I didn't even click on the video. Just like the saltwater lady, I saw a video about how poor she was and didn't even see a tank where she claim to live.
that's the exact reason i don't advertise on forums... i feel like it's cheap, and very desperate... i'm not whoring plant forums and telling people to look at my videos... it would be cool to participate in the forums... like if my videos were reef related, i would see it okay on here since people actually know me... but when a stranger comes along and starts making shrill threads... that's just as bad as newbs coming around and flipping corals...

clickbait only works on me if its a pretty lady or guns. If its guns + pretty lady, ive already clicked it a few times...

SantaMonicaHelp

Welcome to Socalireefs! Thanks for the video! :wel1:
There are tons of ways of making money on Youtube. You can check if the channel is partnered, but a lot of companies that partner channels make their clients sign non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), ergo there clients [the partnered channel] may not be at liberty to discuss payments. Ads don't necessarily equal video revenue either.
Just thought you guys might find that little spiel useful. :)

- C. Smith