Tried Tropic Marin Bio Actif -- Clearest water i've ever had

I've got a 29g SPS dominant tank, loaded with a Firefish, Melanurus Wrasse, and Scarlet Flasher wrasse. I feed ROD's food, Mysis, Gut loaded Brine, Selcon, and Nitrates. I'm pretty heavy handed with feedings.

For filtration / media: ROX Carbon (AquaMaxx freebie carbon), and an AquaMaxx HOB-1 skimmer.
For Nutrients: My Nitrates are at 10, Phosphates undetectable (my SPS like higher nutrients. Trying to get po4 up)

When I started mixing up the Bio Actif the water was just cloudy. I mixed it a good 30 minutes and it remained totally cloudy. The "organics" floating around were also much larger than I anticipated and this had me concerned. I decided to test the TM water I mixed.

77 Deg
1.026 sg
8.5 dKH
0 Nitrates
0 Phosphates
430 Calcium

Next thing I noticed was it took more than expected to get the sg up to 1.026. I decided to use it as the label had told me -- Shortly after mixing. After dumping 5g of cloudy water into my tank I realized there was a TON of 'organics' floating around this hazy soup. I was a little worried I made a terrible choice. I turned off the Carbon, and the Skimmer, and decided to let the TM work. Next morning when I woke up, my water was CRYSTAL CLEAR. No amount of Carbon, Filter Media, or Skimming had EVER made my water this clear. It was absolutely pristine and has remained that way all day.

Its a decent salt for someone who isnt carbon dosing me i used it while carbon dosing so i didnt clear up so i switched to tmp

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Latest posts