Apex salinity prob Calibration

JT_W

I set up this new apex but I'm not sure if my salinity calibrated properly. Do the readings in the photo look correct? My refractometer reads 1.26

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I set up this new apex but I'm not sure if my salinity calibrated properly. Do the readings in the photo look correct? My refractometer reads 1.26

I
It's ok I think refractometer it's reading 1.26 is the specific gravity
And the apex probe reading the total of solid in the water
Just my opinion maybe someone has a better answer

JT_W

Ok thanks guys. Going to recalibrate again. May just end up disabling this probe. Seems to be more inaccurate vs accurate

borg

I had the same issues as you're dealing with. Then i added a temp probe and i finally was able to calibrate correctly and have it stay accurate.

However, i do think its still a "nice to have" in case something goes wrong with your ATO or something.

If you have one it's worth the trouble to get it calibrated correctly. You can use it to notify you if your salinity gets too high or low, keep your ATO pump from turning on if the salinity does drop too low. They are sensitive to outside electrical interference, so try to keep the probe away from motors and power cords and the wire away from other power cords.