Rose Bubble Tip Anemone vs. Red star fish

Well in the matter of less than 24 hours since I left my house. I came home to be death and cloudy water, every fish dead, only thing alive is a green long tentacle that looks bad, rainbow blastos, one chalice and two different zoas frags. Has anyone ever had a problem with red stars eating r.b.t.a., I call the shop and they basically said I was lying and that red stars can't eat r.b.t.a. ......well here's a pic of the nem from a few days ago when it was close to seven inches. And a pic of the star eating my rose when he was down to about a pinky tip size left. 20160525_170655.jpg 20160906_192407.jpg

Stars eat death. Not aggressive. You're blaming the wrong animal. In the desert I'm assuming you're tank hit high temp for death if it wasn't the nem. You have a controller(apex/Rke). Your powerheads protected with sponge filters?

Stars eat death. Not aggressive. You're blaming the wrong animal. In the desert I'm assuming you're tank hit high temp for death if it wasn't the nem. You have a controller(apex/Rke). Your powerheads protected with sponge filters?
How can I blame the wrong animal when I came home to one of the red stars eating the r.b.t.a. see second pic first post.. I had tried pulling him off the glass to pull even the smallest piece of the nem out without any success.

haiguys

starfish are scavengers, not aggressors. Something must have happened that caused the anemone to stress out and/or die. The starfish is simply eating the remnants.

starfish are scavengers, not aggressors. Something must have happened that caused the anemone to stress out and/or die. The starfish is simply eating the remnants.
Yeah I know I'm just trying to figure anything out right now. A few things look like I might be able to nurture back to health, but all fish decimated in the process.

Positive news,. Somehow my oldest fish has survived. My six line just bolted out the rock work this morning. I'm guessing his mucus sack keep him protected the last few days..

I agree with other posters that the starfish was simply cleaning up. Some people think crabs or serpent stars are responsible for killing fish, but likewise they are usually just scavenging on the already dead fish.

Latest posts