Bm curve 5 for 70g w/30g sump?

Flynsqwirl

Looking to get a skimmer for a new tank I'm setting up and looking to get somthing I'll be happy with without spending a arm and a leg:help (2):

VCReefing

I personally love Bubble Magus, a curve 5 will be more than perfect for that size system, the only thing I will say that is very important is make sure you have the correct height water level in the skimmer chamber, IMO 10-11 inches and those things skim like a beast, best of luck, I hope this helps

Flynsqwirl

Thank you, it's hard to figure out skimmers with all the ratings that don't seem accurate. With the price at $200 kinda seems to good to be true.

Depending how heavy of a stock . curve5 is good, or yca-dc16 would be another option too. Both are distributed by seaside aquatics

Flynsqwirl

Marine depot has 25% off on aquamaxx skimmers rite now and the co-1 is the same price as the curve 5 , the co-1 has a sicce pump and seems a Lil nicer...hum...

I'm using a reef octopus 110INT on my tank which is about the same size you've got and I love it. I get really dark skimmate in about 8-9 inches of water. I can get black skimmate in 6-7 inches of water.

Flynsqwirl

Thanks everyone, someone has a co1 for $125 used and I've been looking at bm for a while but have heard issues with pumps and customer service.

VCReefing

Thanks everyone, someone has a co1 for $125 used and I've been looking at bm for a while but have heard issues with pumps and customer service.
I ran my bubble magus nac6 for about a year and a half without cleaning the skimmer just the collections cup and not a single issue and I have actually heard the exact opposite about there customer service but that's just my experiance and what I have heard, good luck in whatever choice you make

Latest posts