Help me decide which sump to put under my new Reef Savvy 50g cube!

So...I just brought this gem home from MACNA! This is a Reef Savvy 50g cube that I won at MACNA (YAYYY!!!), and so it looks like I'll be starting a new build thread soon...but it won't be the Red Sea AIO I was originally planning to set up. :D Now...I've got to decide what to put under it!

RS tank.jpg

RS tank2.jpg

One doesn't just put any old sump under a brand new Reef Savvy cube!! So, help me pic an awesome sump to go under this tank. I'm looking specifically for function AND coolness factor! :D Let the suggestions flow!

Last edited:
So...I just brought this gem home from MACNA! This is a Reef Savvy 50g cube that I won at MACNA (YAYYY!!!), and so it looks like I'll be starting a new build thread soon...but it won't be the Red Sea AIO I was originally planning to set up. :D Now...I've got to decide what to put under it!

View attachment 54401

View attachment 54434

One doesn't just put any old sump under a brand new Reef Savvy cube!! So, help me pic an awesome sump to go under this tank. I'm looking specifically for function AND coolness factor! :D Let the suggestions flow!
Awesome congrats. Thanks for joining SCMAS as well.

Thanks! Someone was recommending that I check out their sapphire series. I like their emerald line already. I'll be looking at them as an option for sure. I'm also thinking about BioTek, GeosReef, and Synergy (these are the ones I know), but I'm looking at other options too (like Advanced Acrylics or any other options you guys recommend).

Thanks! Someone was recommending that I check out their sapphire series. I like their emerald line already. I'll be looking at them as an option for sure. I'm also thinking about BioTek, GeosReef, and Synergy (these are the ones I know), but I'm looking at other options too (like Advanced Acrylics or any other options you guys recommend).
Daniel, given that you're next door to Advanced Acrylics, I'd recommend them. They did my sump and a bunch of other projects. The trick to dealing with John is to never pay in full and put in a deposit for 1/4 or 1/2 the cost. He usually builds local stuff within a week or two. I never had any issues with him and he's always been cool in person.

By the way, have you always lived in Ontario? I just noticed you're a mod on R2R. Or is it Canada? lol

Daniel, given that you're next door to Advanced Acrylics, I'd recommend them. They did my sump and a bunch of other projects. The trick to dealing with John is to never pay in full and put in a deposit for 1/4 or 1/2 the cost. He usually builds local stuff within a week or two. I never had any issues with him and he's always been cool in person.

By the way, have you always lived in Ontario? I just noticed you're a mod on R2R. Or is it Canada? lol
I'm actually brand new to Ontario (and California...definitely not Canada). :) We just moved into our apartment on August 31st.

View attachment 54401

View attachment 54434

Missed you last night at the meeting, and as Greg said, we raffled off a great new sump from Vertex. Congrats on the tank (I wanted that!!) and hope to see you at the next meeting at Reefapalooza!!

Missed you last night at the meeting, and as Greg said, we raffled off a great new sump from Vertex. Congrats on the tank (I wanted that!!) and hope to see you at the next meeting at Reefapalooza!!
And see...I really need a sump for that new tank! LOL I'm excited about hanging out with you guys. Hopefully I'll be able to make it this next month. I'm planning for it now. :D

Last edited:

Ohiostreetz

Reef Fast Eat Glass
My Tank Build
That's gonna be a sweet tank I was sitting right next to you when you won I was bummed lol. Also good choice moving from Ohio it sucks California is way better :drum: