Bean's 300 Gallon AGE Build

No point unless you want to change the color on the bottom. No sand? But you love wrasses!
Not to go barebottom, mainly for the added strength. I aint scraping the coraline off the bottom of a 27" deep tank haha. I've never had a PVC bottom tank before. I think the bottom is 1" thick black PVC. Just trying to think of everything and then some before I more forward.

Ain't no way Greg get's his tank wet before mine. [MENTION=160]gcarroll[/MENTION] You have your Supra yet?

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Yo Cody, I think your tank might get wet before mine. I am planning and overthinking every part of my build....I set up my fish qt and thanks to Eric, I am setting up my coral qt tonight. Once I found out that it has officially been scientifically proven that diseases such as Cryptocaryon irritans aka white spot and Amyloodinium ocellatum aka marine velvet and copper can transfer from tank to tank via aerosol unless you space them out 10 feet apart, that was a whole game changer for me.
Anyway, my point to all the mumbo jumbo ^^^ was to ask if you're going to set up any qt's or going dirty dirty?

Yo Cody, I think your tank might get wet before mine. I am planning and overthinking every part of my build....I set up my fish qt and thanks to Eric, I am setting up my coral qt tonight. Once I found out that it has officially been scientifically proven that diseases such as Cryptocaryon irritans aka white spot and Amyloodinium ocellatum aka marine velvet and copper can transfer from tank to tank via aerosol unless you space them out 10 feet apart, that was a whole game changer for me.
Anyway, my point to all the mumbo jumbo ^^^ was to ask if you're going to set up any qt's or going dirty dirty?
I'm going to let my tank marinate for a couple of months and only add my two fish I have left, so I'll figure out that once I'm rocking and rolling. Garage gets way to hot, so would need to make a shelf system with a couple of 40 breeders... wife is going to love that.

BeanMachine

Supporter
I painted all the plywood with gray kilz. Installed the PVC sheet for the deck. Painted the ends of the strut with galvanizing spray. Just need to spray a few paint coats on the strut tonight and mount them to the underside of the tank to support the plumbing, fuge lights etc.

unnamed (5).jpg

Also pulled the rock out.

unnamed.jpg

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
You doing anything special with the rocks Cody? Which reminds me to post an update on how I play with my rocks. Hey, wait a minute, that didn't sound right.

Latest posts