Bean's 300 Gallon AGE Build

JOSE CASAS

Premium Member
Supporter
What size tank should I get? 10lb? Any suggestions on where to buy? There is an Airgas close to my house that I was going to try.

**Answering my own questions- Airgas has a 10lb tank filled for $150. $180 for a 20lb.
10 LB is ok to start off with but you will need a bigger one eventually. I would also recommend the aluminium as it is much lighter to haul when you have to refill. When I use the cal rx I would also have an extra tank in case the tank I was using went empty and I didn't have to rush to refill. Another thing to consider is that the bigger the co2 tank the better as the pressure stays more consistent. hth

Here is the regulator that is on its way. [MENTION=3886]watchguy123[/MENTION]

10 LB is ok to start off with but you will need a bigger one eventually. I would also recommend the aluminium as it is much lighter to haul when you have to refill. When I use the cal rx I would also have an extra tank in case the tank I was using went empty and I didn't have to rush to refill. Another thing to consider is that the bigger the co2 tank the better as the pressure stays more consistent. hth
Thanks for that Jose. I got a 20lb aluminum tank full from [MENTION=6904]Zoarder[/MENTION] . Thanks Noah.

Now that's how you do it right! Very nice 2 stage reg!!
Actually that guy has several pictures of beautiful regulators on RC, he inspired me to build my own.
You will be very happy with that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like it's coming together Cody! Lost your number after I changed phones a few times. I hope all is well man.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

BeanMachine

Supporter
The drains are done. I haven't glued anything yet except the unions on the overflows. The white fittings and pipe will be replaced. I ran out of Sch 80 90s and a couple 45s. Don't mind the extra slack at the sump. I also need to finish the emergency drains and dump them into the skimmer section. I may leave the stand 6 inches from the wall and build the skin to cover the back side in case I ever need to get back there for maintenance. With all the pipes it will be challenging to make a repair...otherwise I'd have to drain the tank and move it which would suck. I was going to run most of the drains under the tank, but it was going to take up quite a bit of head room under the stand.

Nothing like spending a bunch of money on nice PVC. 90% which is now hidden behind the tank. LOL

Next up is cutting and painting the metal strut I bought. I'll use it to support the drains underneath, as well as the return lines and manifold.

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge! That looks nice bro!

I am getting ready to redo my plumbing and I think you just made me decide to spend money on the colorful pipe. Good job man

BeanMachine

Supporter
Another professional drawing of the return plumbing. Rough idea anyway.

Here is the plan for the manifold off one of the return pumps. I am using 2 x Vectra M1 pumps @ 2,000 gph.

1. Carbon
2. GFO
3. Chiller (optional)
4. Fuge
5. Open / Extra
6. Open / Extra
7. UV

In regards to the UV, I've seen it done both ways. What is the downfall of running a UV off a manifold? I know they require a specific flow rate but I'd prefer not having another pump if possible.

Return Pump 1 *ORANGE*
Return Pump 2 *GREEN*

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Another professional drawing of the return plumbing. Rough idea anyway.

Here is the plan for the manifold off one of the return pumps. I am using 2 x Vectra M1 pumps @ 2,000 gph.

1. Carbon
2. GFO
3. Chiller (optional)
4. Fuge
5. Open / Extra
6. Open / Extra
7. UV

In regards to the UV, I've seen it done both ways. What is the downfall of running a UV off a manifold? I know they require a specific flow rate but I'd prefer not having another pump if possible.

Return Pump 1 *ORANGE*
Return Pump 2 *GREEN*

Didn't apex come out with those new flow meters to add to the pipes? just get that and add it to manifold. I just guesstimate flow rate.

Latest posts