Bean's 300 Gallon AGE Build

Fishnugget

OK, just read the last 30+ pages and I am impressed with your build overall. Good job.

Your saltwater mix station and plumbing are nice. There are a ton of things I like about this tank.

Let me know your thoughts on the Tunze Stream 3 as I plant to add two of them to my tank.

OK, just read the last 30+ pages and I am impressed with your build overall. Good job.

Your saltwater mix station and plumbing are nice. There are a ton of things I like about this tank.

Let me know your thoughts on the Tunze Stream 3 as I plant to add two of them to my tank.
The Stream 3 is a really powerful pump. My tank is 6 feet long and it easily pushes the entire length of the tank at around 30%. I have it hidden behind the rockwork as its pretty bulky looking. I had to order the upgraded magnet set so it would stick to 3/4". Tunze are set and forget... clean if you want. They are quality. I'm not sure you would want two. I'd start with one and see where that gets you. How large is your tank?

Oh and nothing new to report. I do have 3 fish in qt. Just doing a round of general cure and in they go.

1x female bimac anthias
1x female parvirostris (sunset) anthias
1x Ruby Long Fin fairy wrasse

I installed a Phillips Hue Hub and LED strip for under the tank. We need one more for the other side. Alex approved the color.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnsReefIn714

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good Cody! Pictures do it no justice! It was like the holly grail when i seen it in person! I still see your tank build in my sleep!

I need to get a plastic Co2 check valve like yours. My stainless steel keeps giving me erratic bubble counts due to clogging.

BeanMachine

Supporter
I finally had someone help me take my light down so I could install the T5s. I didn't try it before I rehung it. Guess what? Two lamps are out. I'm hoping its just the lamps are bad, or they are not seated properly. I'm really hoping its not a ballast. Moral of the story, try the light before you hang it back up to ensure everything is working. DOH!

I'm tryin to decide if I should buy two more 80w lamps, before I take the fixture down again. Anyone have any new lamps lying around they want to sell? Blue Plus is my preference but open to other options.

BeanMachine

Supporter
Trust me... you will be SO MUCH HAPPIER with the new site software. It will just take a while to get it formatted and running on all cylinders.
Its not bad at all so far, just will take some getting used to. I can see more info and graphics are being added. At first it looked so plain I wasn't sure what was happening.

There are soooo many improvements. I am very familiar with XenForo (the new software infrastructure) and it is so much better it almost makes me cry when I work with it :)

For example... do you notice how you can go back and edit your posts after you make them? There are a thousand improvements - some technical, some aesthetic, and some user experience / common sense ones.

Also... it supports much higher resolution avatars, so time to clean up your avatar :)

My Tank Build
Thanks! I have an AquaMaxx cTech T3. I just plumbed it finally the other night. Got sidetracked with RAP prep but Im real close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice setup. But that tank is not up to code. It needs to be braced some how to keep it from falling over. The plastic handle/valve protector helps but if the tank falls over and hits the valve right you could have a torpedo CO2 tank that could damage property and even kill someone. Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BeanMachine

Supporter
Nice setup. But that tank is not up to code. It needs to be braced some how to keep it from falling over. The plastic handle/valve protector helps but if the tank falls over and hits the valve right you could have a torpedo CO2 tank that could damage property and even kill someone. Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good thing I didn't pull permits. What would you suggest?

Latest posts