Bean's 300 Gallon AGE Build

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I know this is being nit-picky but can you raise the water line a bit just so that it's under the trim and you don't see waterline?

I know this is being nit-picky but can you raise the water line a bit just so that it's under the trim and you don't see waterline?
I would have to recut the pipes in the overflow box, which would raise the water level in the box, but it doesn't bother me so not going to LOL

Adding supplemental pumps? If so I'm sure they'll cure that water line once the surface gets more agitation. Never notice it. More rock or sticking with the minimalist thing like the rest of the room? No Captain Kirk or Spock pictures on the wall?
Can you raise the water level or lower the plumbing below the surface in your sock area to quiet it down?
I imagine fish galore. Swirling color in motion.

Adding supplemental pumps? If so I'm sure they'll cure that water line once the surface gets more agitation. Never notice it. More rock or sticking with the minimalist thing like the rest of the room? No Captain Kirk or Spock pictures on the wall?
Can you raise the water level or lower the plumbing below the surface in your sock area to quiet it down?
I imagine fish galore. Swirling color in motion.
They pipes are under the water. Its the volume of water going into the 3 7" socks. Its not loud per say, a friend came over yesterday and was pretty impressed with how quiet it was overall.

There is a 6155 in there now, and the 2x SeaSwirls. The Sea Swirls at 90 watts are cranking. Like really powerful... but I have no idea how much gph out of each. Way more than my last tank I know that. I have a Stream 3 6150 yet to put in. Prob be set with that until I get a decent number of corals. Between those 4 sources, the tank will have a lot of flow. The main reason the water line is a little lower than the trim, is I added the acrylic eurobrace, so with the 1/2" acrylic and the silicone, the over flows are as high as they can go. So yeah I can raise the water in the box... if I do it now the drains get loud, so I think I would need to cut slightly longer pipes for the primary and secondary drains. Maybe if I get bored, but I'm not at the moment.

Definitely not a treky hahaha yeah not happening. Maybe some coral and fish paintings though! And a corner couch chair so I can chill.

But as far as the rock goes, I wouldn't call it minimalist. But yes that is how it will stay. I'll let the corals and fish take up the upper portion of the tank. Its quite massive in person, the pics make it look smaller than it is in person.

Last edited:
Hey bean what type of epoxy did you use for your rock again? Sorry so many pages... hard to find. Took me an hour to read it the first time lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

just be happy he has water in it. geez
LOL its a good question. In hindsight I would have made the metal bracing 2.5" rather than 2". I'm not comfortable raising the pipe height in the overflow boxes any more.

I had already planned on doing some kind of open top canopy, like an eyebrow, so I can just drop it down the 1/4" to 1/2" I need and you won't see the water line.

Frickin nit pickers hahaha jk thanks for the advice and comments everyone.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Just get the pumps to make some crazy waves in the tank. Everyone appreciates seeing that kind of water line.
LOL its a good question. In hindsight I would have made the metal bracing 2.5" rather than 2". I'm not comfortable raising the pipe height in the overflow boxes any more.

I had already planned on doing some kind of open top canopy, like an eyebrow, so I can just drop it down the 1/4" to 1/2" I need and you won't see the water line.

Frickin nit pickers hahaha jk thanks for the advice and comments everyone.

Temp until I can afford a nice cabinet. Ran cat 5 into the room from my router through the attic. That sucked but its done. Apex updated the date and time... need to connect to fusion and set up some outlets now.

The ato res is a 20 gallon brute. I have 15 gallons in it. Been evaporating a little less than a gallon a day at 74 degrees. No heater atm.

About 160 watts total right now. No heater no lights no skimmer.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Looks like I picked a good time to binge-read this thread, since Cody's updates have come about as often as JRR Martin's novels.

I added Dr. Tims Ammoniom Chloride this evening. 4 drops per gallon to reach 2 mgl . 1200 drops sooo I counted the first 400 and just dumped the rest of the 2 oz bottle in.

Been adding MB7 and Biofuel daily for about a week and a half.

Going to test the ammonia level later tonight.

I have the Tunze 6155 and the Stream 3 6150 running at about 50% each.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Latest posts