Bean's 300 Gallon AGE Build

2 x 100 gallon poly tanks for the water station in the garage. Im going to get some water heater stands and I should be ready to rock and roll.

20170920_114922.jpg

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Looking good. That reef welder isn't all that noticeable either. Do you know if that's for dry rock application only, or can it be used on the wet stuff too? Good thinking placing the spigot in the wall for the RO/DI I ran a hose before and it was always a PITA. BB or sand? Looking forward to seeing pictures of this system wet.

Looking good. That reef welder isn't all that noticeable either. Do you know if that's for dry rock application only, or can it be used on the wet stuff too? Good thinking placing the spigot in the wall for the RO/DI I ran a hose before and it was always a PITA. BB or sand? Looking forward to seeing pictures of this system wet.
It probably works the same... got to be quick though when you take it out of the hot water. Tack it here tack it there. I used rocks to hold up the ledges temporarily but it drys fast. The more you mold it over both attachment points the better. Gotta be quick so use a little at a time.

Looks sick barebottom but sand for sure. I love the wrasses... Anthias Wrasses and Tangs for the tank.

2 x 100 gallon poly tanks for the water station in the garage. Im going to get some water heater stands and I should be ready to rock and roll.

View attachment 58664
What are the dimensions of the tanks? Most metal water heater stands are 22" square top and for the weight of a 40-50gal water heater (about 125lbs) + water. You can order 24" and I'm almost sure I've seen 26" but I don't know what weight they are designed to support.

What are the dimensions of the tanks? Most metal water heater stands are 22" square top and for the weight of a 40-50gal water heater (about 125lbs) + water. You can order 24" and I'm almost sure I've seen 26" but I don't know what weight they are designed to support.
Thanks yeah I went and saw the 22 inch... the tanks are 23... 850 lbs with water.

Let's see some updates. I need something to day dream about for my future build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchguy123

Featured Reef
What a fun kick to see this tank develop (even if it is taking forever). The planning is meticulous, everything about this is really amazing. I am not a mechanical guy and neither very meticulous. And I am so envious. A lot of fun to follow your updates, keep them coming. The more the better.