Sherman Rose Bubble Tip Anemone Really!

http://www.dfwmas.org/sherman

Ever wonder what the heck a Sherman Anemone is?! Well, the Sherman Rose is just a regular old Entacmaea quadricolor, or bubble tip anemone. What makes them so special is the fact that the original “nem” first entered a hobbyist tank back in 2000 and as such, is very hardy. They have a solid, deep red color that makes them incredibly striking, and they are quick growers when taken care of. Another reason they are so popular is that they will split for you pretty easily, allowing you to share your prized beauty with all of your friends.

Now many people claim to have a Sherman but if it did not come from our dear friend in Sherman Texas, and if it is not a pure red E. quadricolor, then it is not a SRBTA. True, there have been dozens of these guys spread around and there are plenty of other beautiful, healthy anemones available, but if you want the real deal, find a reefer who was a participant in this story (read the link provided above).

Bottom line, You can't prove your nem is a Sherman one way or another ..... :)

And I have seen Inferno nems looking like a cheap nem if not taken care of correctly!

Naming and lineage is useful to some extent. But I think we all know it's been/gets abused. I think we also know water chemistry, lighting etc. are huge factors. Back around 2000 I bought several rbta's with green and yellow (now called rainbows I believe:conf44:) and got them cheap because everyone (in Chicago) thought they were not "true rbta" lol.

I will say over the years I have seen nems as red and consistent as the Sherman but it is a beautiful nem.