kalk question part II

so, after much reading and talking to others. i decided to get make a diy kalk dripper with the BRS kalk dipper kit, and food containers from costco. the link is from walmart for a set of 4, costco is a set of 3 for like $13

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-diy-kalk-dripper-kit.html

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Snapware...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

over the last week of so ive been trying to see how much water im going through on my ATO. it was about 2g~3g perday. doesing at 1tsp per gallon i was getting 450ppm cal and 10Dkh. so i dropped it to
0.75 tsb per gallon.

my question is, using the above container (for arguments sakes 1g) would i still try to dose the above amount (3g worth of kalk) in 1g of water or continue to dose 0.74 tps per gallon? or is a dripper something that should be continually dripped 24/7?

if its the, (0.75 x 3 = 2.25tps. mixed into the 1g for the dripper) is used would i need to add vinegar to help the mixture? since 2tps is the max per gallon or precipitation happens.
i understand that the amount of vinegar used is quite small in this case. but what if i wanted to increases that vinegar does? akin to carbon doseing?

so kind of a 2-in-1 thing, would this work? what kind of problems would this cause?

thanks again guys

So you were getting 1.5-2.25 tsb per day. I would drip 1 gallon a day with 1.5 starting out and test. Do you have any sensitive corals like sps that will be affected with a swing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing sensitive, beginner sps mainly for water testing then anything else.
Resized_Screenshot_20160915-210819.jpg
Bought some zoas of Adrian Campo today. Apart from them. Duncan's, GPS and a hammer. I'll try the 1.5 over, say 5 days and test. hopefully it should be fine.

What about the other question about adding vinegar to the Kalk?

Latest posts