Skimmer parts help

I got a reef octopus 5000int when I bought my 300. It was missing a few parts and now that the 300 is filled it's time to find those parts. I found the missing pump rubber feet but I need to plug up the hole on the skimmer cup. Ideas?

are you looking for a permanent fix? if you are, then a small piece of acrylic with weld-on 16 and you are done. your other option is to find a 90 barb and weld-on the piece together. HD/Lowes has some nylon elbow's that might fit. this option might be a better fit, as you will gain a drain line for your cup.

Sent them an email.

I should probably hook it up to a skimmate locker and add a neck cleaner eventually. But for now Id like to plug it up till I get some fish in the system.

I use a rubber plug from lowes, it comes in various sizes, ,got it from free since there was no packaging for it..it's black in color..just an idea for u..

You may have to custom fit something. find a piece of acrylic tubing to fit the whole and use weld-on acrylic glue. That should give you something to put a hose, plug or valve onto. Another option that comes to mind is to get a threaded john guest fitting. Drill and tap the hole to accommodate the fitting. I'm sure you can find a rubber plug for it in the meantime at a local hardware store so that it is usable.

Latest posts