Daniel's 50g Reef Savvy Cube

Well, RIP little gold assessor. You were my favorite new fish. :( :( :(

I had just moved he and the diamond goby over from QT a couple of days ago, and it looks like he jumped at some point in the early night (maybe right after lights out). Got up this morning and found him dry and crispy next to the tank. Frustrating thing is that the tank IS covered. I'm temporarily using eggcrate while waiting on my lid from Artfully Acrylic. I knew there was a minor chance he could jump through a hole, but was hoping it wouldn't be an issue since it was just to be for a couple of weeks...no dice.

So the only fish left in the tank at this point is the diamond goby...would somebody please remove this cloud from over my head??

Well, RIP little gold assessor. You were my favorite new fish. :( :( :(

I had just moved he and the diamond goby over from QT a couple of days ago, and it looks like he jumped at some point in the early night (maybe right after lights out). Got up this morning and found him dry and crispy next to the tank. Frustrating thing is that the tank IS covered. I'm temporarily using eggcrate while waiting on my lid from Artfully Acrylic. I knew there was a minor chance he could jump through a hole, but was hoping it wouldn't be an issue since it was just to be for a couple of weeks...no dice.

So the only fish left in the tank at this point is the diamond goby...would somebody please remove this cloud from over my head??
Sorry to hear that Daniel.
The cloud is always there but look at bright side bro. It is sunshine outside.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Sorry to hear Daniel. A fish loss will always be hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww.. One of my favorites, assessor are awesome. Apparently groups of 'em get along well too.

If you have any screen just zip tie it to the eggcrate. It's only a couple bucks at homedepot if you don't and adds some piece of mind until all your stuff shows up.

I've got a few updates to post in order to catch this thread up. For now, I am going to post a pic of the acan frag I got from [MENTION=6252]JDEllis[/MENTION] at Ellis Aquatics for the grow out. I also picked up a really nice blasto from him, but I'll post that pic tomorrow.

Sorry that it's a lousy cell pic. I'll try to break out the new Canon Santa brought me for the next pic. :D

So...update...I'm dealing with dinos that seem to surge and dissipate, but never go away...

So I'm too disgusted with the tank to take an FTS and show off the brown snot all over everything...so here are some pretty cool pics of individual corals that I took with an Aquamaxx Coral-Eye LED flashlight. :)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Another update...I increased my coral feeding and just like that, the dinos are GONE...as in COMPLETELY gone (at least I don't see any). Now I'm dealing with hair algae on the sand where the dinos were and some on the rock...oh well. :) I'm thinking these are just new tank stages that I've avoided on past tanks bc I used live sand and rock. Guess I'll just grab some popcorn and wait...

Also, my yellow assessor that recently got added came out of hiding and is swimming out front and center. :) He likes to swim sideways and upside down which keeps the kids entertained (...yeah...ok I sit and stare at him too). :D

Latest posts