Iconic Reef in HB?

yeap...last month i was there saw 2 display tanks crash...they move all corals to some where... since than and store close till now

I talked with the owners -- They closed shop and are going to be an online working out of a warehouse. It's cheaper than a store front, the money wasn't there.

So they're gone now.

No surprise...they were trying to sell unnamed Vietnam Zoas for 125pp still on the rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopeed by during business hours a couple of times and they were locked up. It's not surprising that the money wasn't there when you don't open the door.

I guess it's a bummer to hear they are closed, but honestly I used to go in there occasionally and every single time anything I wanted wasn't for sale, and the display tanks with fish for sale was extremely sparse. I bought fish from them on two occasions, once i got two midnight clowns for around 50 each maybe, a good deal price wise but the fish had brooklynella which spread through my tank, I've been a reefer for 15 years almost and it was the first time I dealt with brooklynella like that. It took out a handful of fish.

Second occasion I got a "shoal" of about 5 blue eye or longspine cardinalfish whatever you want to call them. Like I said I have been in the reef hobby for 15 years and the freshwater fish hobby for probably another 5 years almost on top of that, I have never seen such unhealthy fish in my life. Literally from the moment they hit the water in my 150 gallon display tank they started to spin and topple without control of themselves and began dying, all of them within an hour. Whatever they had took out a few more fish the next few days/weeks.

Long story short they had incredibly unhealthy livestock and I vowed never to go back after the second time with the cardinalfish.

Latest posts