E-Marco-400 (Aquascape bonding mortar)

Starting a new build 150g 60"x24"x24"

Wanting to go all out on aquascape, I got a lot of reef ready shelf pieces and have a pretty good idea on what I want.
Using this E-Marco-400 Bonding Mortar made for reefs they say it doesn't leach (any feedback is appreciated) will be updating pics as I go along. It does have a little smell to it after about 15mins actually smells good lol

They say it bonds harder than the Rock itself im using dry rock but it works on wet Rock and even under water cool, I guess I had my share of hitchhikers I haven't used live rock in over 5 years now(add my own pods)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Nyos reef cement for my rock work but yours is coming along!

I used it on my rock work and it's awesome what you can do with it, I've had no ill effects just cure it and cycle well

If you drill the rocks and add pvc or acrylic rods, it helps hold everything if necessary.

Just be careful not to make those structures too tall.

If you drill the rocks and add pvc or acrylic rods, it helps hold everything if necessary.

Just be careful not to make those structures too tall.
I bought 4x1/4'' clear acrylic Rods and 18'' long drill bit on hand just in case I go that route, but the E-Marco 400 is working great the first rock is almost done

i used e-marco for my rocks, the middle piece has like 12 individual rocks to it, hold really well. my only advice, albit a bit late now is to have it more wet then dry, you have less control but you get a better hold on the rocks and are less likely to break off. this is something i would use again.

Attachments

Hey bud, every tank of mine has been aquascaped with this stuff. No issues here, that I know of. It would be very hard to pinpoint it on the mortar though. When you come pickup this skimmer, you will see my new setup that has also been aquascaped with this.

jessesoto33

Supporter
Hey bud, every tank of mine has been aquascaped with this stuff. No issues here, that I know of. It would be very hard to pinpoint it on the mortar though. When you come pickup this skimmer, you will see my new setup that has also been aquascaped with this.
Good to know Danny thanks!

Here the finished product

Latest posts