Came home to this..

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Did you throw in some carbon? I know I've gotten cloudy blooms when I run the AC too much and don't aerate the house. It's been hot lately so I can see that happening. Are you dosing NO3PO4X? Cuz that can totally do it in combination. How's the tank looking now? Let me know if you need anything.

Did you throw in some carbon? I know I've gotten cloudy blooms when I run the AC too much and don't aerate the house. It's been hot lately so I can see that happening. Are you dosing NO3PO4X? Cuz that can totally do it in combination. How's the tank looking now? Let me know if you need anything.
Yeah i am thinking of that too. BC, my sister had the AC on when i came home too. Cleared up a little this morning after doing a WC, replace filter socks, cleaned and siphoned out as much s i can. Only thing i cant seem to understand is how the algae on the rocks grew within 8-10hr. nvr used NO3/PO4X.

Did you ask your kids or you sister if they dropped something in the tank? Like a jar of pellets?

That doesn't look like a bacterial bloom to me.

Did you try smelling the brown stuff?
I'm also going with someone dump food in there by mistake. Its a cover up!

The only time this happened to me was when my kids throw all my fish food in the sump and killed almost all the fish. I had to empty the sump and do a big water change to save the corals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts