Are these worth buying?

They're really cheap which is attractive but the frogspawn and hammers look very light. Will these do fine under fluval g2 LEDs? Would there be a problem with adding all of these at once?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.frogspawn
2. Purple montipora
3.hammer coral
4.flower pot
5.rainbow favia
6.metallic green star polyps

BeanMachine

Supporter
Those are all fairly easy corals, you should be fine. Just keep an eye on your alk cal and mag as you will see a spike in consumption adding them all at once.

Looks like small frags of pretty common corals, so price is ok, not great. Shipping costs a lot for overnight livestock so that's something to consider. I couldn't find anything on google for fluval G2 LED? If there's no optics, which I don't see any fluval leds having, then no, it's not enough light for these corals. They may stay alive for a while, but will not grow and thrive in the long run unless it's an extremely shallow tank. You might want to stick with mushroom and soft corals like leathers.
Corals do no affect the Bio-load for a tank so yes, you can add a bunch at a time. Where you need to be careful is with adding too many fish at once.

BeanMachine

Supporter
Looks like small frags of pretty common corals, so price is ok, not great. Shipping costs a lot for overnight livestock so that's something to consider. I couldn't find anything on google for fluval G2 LED? If there's no optics, which I don't see any fluval leds having, then no, it's not enough light for these corals. They may stay alive for a while, but will not grow and thrive in the long run unless it's an extremely shallow tank. You might want to stick with mushroom and soft corals like leathers.
Corals do no affect the Bio-load for a tank so yes, you can add a bunch at a time. Where you need to be careful is with adding too many fish at once.
Good catch on the light... I'm not sure which light that is.

BeanMachine

Supporter
Good catch on the light... I'm not sure which light that is.

The site is saltyunderground.com . "fluval sea marine & reef led 2.0 aquarium light" is apparently what it's actually called sorry. This is the par values for the generation 1 fluval led

I love their aiptasia eating nudibranches. I prefer natural solutions to problems, and will definitely buy some if my aiptasia ever comes back, and when they do, I will buy some frags from them as well.

Sent using TAPATALK via Android

Latest posts