What lighting to use?

So I was originally planning on running a gutted mh/t5 fixture with 3 Hydra HDs and 2 kessils 360. Now that I run the kessil I have with my apex along with 2 hydra 52s I'm starting to use the hydras I have now and get 2 kessils in order to run them in place of the mh's in the fixture.

Now that the radions g4s are out I'm starting to lean towards them because of the new lenses and the small power supply.

What do you guys think? Are the new radions as good as they seem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was originally planning on running a gutted mh/t5 fixture with 3 Hydra HDs and 2 kessils 360. Now that I run the kessil I have with my apex along with 2 hydra 52s I'm starting to use the hydras I have now and get 2 kessils in order to run them in place of the mh's in the fixture.

Now that the radions g4s are out I'm starting to lean towards them because of the new lenses and the small power supply.

What do you guys think? Are the new radions as good as they seem?

Im one of those randoms that think leds are amazing haha. I just got gen 4s for my new build and finally set one up on my wifes tank. Its been an hour and looking through my choice of light manipulation I can say Im thoroughly impressed. Im looking forward to giving them a good run on my new build

Im one of those randoms that think leds are amazing haha. I just got gen 4s for my new build and finally set one up on my wifes tank. Its been an hour and looking through my choice of light manipulation I can say Im thoroughly impressed. Im looking forward to giving them a good run on my new build
Me too! I've been 100% leds since 2009 when I got my SOL Blues. I was thinking about supplementing with T5 for my 120 but the new radions look legit

newe70

2020 Philanthropist
I'm very pleased with the growth and color of all my sticks from the 52 non HD version. I have heard good reviews from other forum on the G4 Pros. I am also on the same boat with u Ev'e.

Me too! I've been 100% leds since 2009 when I got my SOL Blues. I was thinking about supplementing with T5 for my 120 but the new radions look legit

My tank will be 48x30x21 lit with 4 Radion gen 4s and 4 t5 sup ran by icecap ballasts hehehehehe

I'm very pleased with the growth and color of all my sticks from the 52 non HD version. I have heard good reviews from other forum on the G4 Pros. I am also on the same boat with u Ev'e.
I hear you. Ive gotten great results from AI. Great color and growth. I never liked the Radions because they came with a humongous power supply but now they use the smaller ones like the AI's. Right now I have two Hydra 52's over my 40G and a Kessil between them. I really like the shimmer of the kessil and it goes good with the AI's. Hard to decide! If I get the G4 Radion Pros I will not run T5's and I thing two of them will cover my 5 foot tank.

newe70

2020 Philanthropist
I hear you. Ive gotten great results from AI. Great color and growth. I never liked the Radions because they came with a humongous power supply but now they use the smaller ones like the AI's. Right now I have two Hydra 52's over my 40G and a Kessil between them. I really like the shimmer of the kessil and it goes good with the AI's. Hard to decide! If I get the G4 Radion Pros I will not run T5's and I thing two of them will cover my 5 foot tank.
Will u get enough coverage with 2 on ur 5' long? I also like the smaller power supply unit as well. If I go with the G4 Pro. I'm thinking abt 3 on my 48" long as I have 3 52s non-HD now.

I like my radions but just too pricey!!! I'm a control freak so reeflink is a must. lol
I have a WXM running my MP10s so I'll be able to control them with my Apex. But yeah, for sure! You will need something to control them. That's the good and the bad with the Hydra 52HD. You can control them with out a controller

Will u get enough coverage with 2 on ur 5' long? I also like the smaller power supply unit as well. If I go with the G4 Pro. I'm thinking abt 3 on my 48" long as I have 3 52s non-HD now.
I heard that they cover a 30x 30 so 2 should be enough. I'm also going to run a couple Kessils for the shimmer effect

We were playing around with some Fresnel lenses at work on our LED arrays, and it got me wondering how they would work on products like Kessil that use singular arrays that lead to heavy shadows where the light doesn't have an efficient spread.

The Fresnel Lenses can be designed to work several different ways, but the ones we were working with can give a tremendous spread to spot lights. We didn't have a PAR meter, but I'm going to try and pick one up from my FW club and play with them.

I won't need to make my hard decision on lighting until January/February, but even so, I would love to get a single High Powered light and maximize its par capabilities by spreading it out.

Latest posts