Emerald crab

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I have a few that do that. I've been watching them closely and havent seen any damage yet.

CoralNerd

CoralNerd
Supporter
I got a female emerald she's been fine. I had her for about a month. I've seen her go into my pink lemonade colony but I think it was where she spent the night and the acro had no damage.

Last edited:
Same here. I've had a single emerald in my tank for over a year and my SPS are fine. It might be eating algae thats growing on the skeleton.

I've not had one, but they are reported to eat finger coral if they have not enough bubble algae or other supplemental nutrition to survive off of.

Sent using TAPATALK via Android

drexel

I have a large emerald that hangs out in my valida at night. It doesn't cause any problems, he just thinks he's an acro crab, sometimes.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I got a female emerald she's been fine. I had her for about a month. I've seen her go into my pink lemonade colony but I think it was where she spent the night and the acro had no damage.
How can you tell if a emerald crab is male of female? Does one over the other prefer bubble algae?

CoralNerd

CoralNerd
Supporter
Ask Two Guys Corals. ..something to do with diamond on the bottom of her. The one I got has been eating some of the red turf algae and kept the bubble algae down. Also likes to bed down in my Pink Lemonade acro.

Last edited:

swnoob

My emerald behaved when first introduced to the tank by eating bubble algae only. He now frags my sps for me. I say get him out while you can.

Neopixal

Not a huge fan of crabs of any sort, due to being opportunistic eaters they can probably go awol any moment and start eating zoas and damaging corals in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk