M3ace9's 130g SPS Build

Finally got around to working on my Diy Canopy. I originally was planning on going with 4 Radion Gen 4s supplemented with 4 t5 bulbs. One of the radions flaws was coverage and the T5 sup fixed that. I decided to compare one the of Gen 3 Pros I have laying around to see what the visual difference would be. I must say that the Gen 4 is looking great. The spread is so impressive I decided I am going back to straight Radions for a while. Ive always been an LED guy and have recently loved the t5 sup but I really think that need is a way of the past. We will see how it goes. Here are a few pics of the two lights
(Gen 3 on the left) Please not that these are on the exact same schedule and the pics were taken seconds apart.
[/URL][/IMG]
Gen 3 Only
[URL=http://s79.photobucket.com/user/m3ace9/media/IMG_0330_zps6gkmsgbf.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j140/m3ace9/IMG_0330_zps6gkmsgbf.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
Gen 4 only
[/URL][/IMG]

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Awesome spread on that G4. Build is looking killer as well. Led only or are you adding t5 to that canopy? '

Awesome spread on that G4. Build is looking killer as well. Led only or are you adding t5 to that canopy? '
I was planning on supplementing with t5 to get complete coverage but after seeing the spread I have decided to skip them. With 4 units I feel the angular spread will be more than enough. Or at least that's the theory.

Spent the last 2 hours washing my secret mix of substrate and finally got some water in the tank. It will be a week or 2 before the tank is actually running but at least I can get my cooked rock in and my bacteria colonizing
[/URL][/IMG]

Ok so here's a quick pic of the tank wet after 3 weeks. Everything is going well. Minimal algae despite the tank is in Nutrient saturation mode at the moment. Ordering the final pieces needed for plumbing this evening. Still a lot of work to do but its coming along.
[/URL][/IMG]

How did you attached your shelf to the stand? Looks great.

Spent the last 2 hours washing my secret mix of substrate and finally got some water in the tank. It will be a week or 2 before the tank is actually running but at least I can get my cooked rock in and my bacteria colonizing
[/URL][/IMG]
WTH no secrets!

You already put your sticks in! You must have used your secret special cycling method...

There are 4 tabs welded on the stand. I removed the self and modified it so I can fit one of my doser and mixing station in that area. I need to get that darn self painted. [MENTION=3628]BeanMachine[/MENTION]

wilson

Premium Member
Supporter
How much money you have put in at all up to now

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
I dont keep track, if I did then it would of never happened lol
In my personal opinion it looks really nice . And the question is just In case i want something like that how much and how long i have so save lol

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Ok so here's a quick pic of the tank wet after 3 weeks. Everything is going well. Minimal algae despite the tank is in Nutrient saturation mode at the moment. Ordering the final pieces needed for plumbing this evening. Still a lot of work to do but its coming along.
[/URL][/IMG]
wow amazing. Thanks for sharing your first build with us. The sump is an artwork in it self. Did you upgrade from an existing tank?

Haven't posted in a while. Tank crashed do to some mysterious reason out of my control. Lost lots of nice stuff but the tank is rebounding and coming back strong
IMG_2509.jpg
Rebound :a10:
IMG_2444.jpg
I'll be posting pics in the next few weeks when I get a chance. Clipping some frags also.

BeanMachine

Supporter
Haven't posted in a while. Tank crashed do to some mysterious reason out of my control. Lost lots of nice stuff but the tank is rebounding and coming back strong
View attachment 57408
Rebound :a10:
View attachment 57409
I'll be posting pics in the next few weeks when I get a chance. Clipping some frags also.
****! )&^)*&#$)(*&@#$)(*&@()*&@$)(*&@$

Nice tiny pics can't really see what's happening.

Latest posts