My new tank build 150 Leemar Starphire Custom Stand

So the wife wanted new tile in the house so that was as good excuse as any to do an upgrade.

Picked up a 150 Leemar Starphire tank 5x2x2. The stand and canopy were custom made with a nice wide door on the side which gives me tons of room to work on. The move was a major pain but I am loving it now. I moved from a 120 tall before and it feels like I have way more room now. I did lose some stuff in the move but things are starting to grow back and I was able to pick up some nice stuff. Here is the equipment im using on the new tank.

Neptune Apex, Salinity Module, LSM, Autofeeder. Diablo Skimmer with the bubble blaster pump. Vectra Return Pump, 2 MP40s, Sea Swirl on the return. Herbie Style overflow which is dead silent, way happy with this. SB Reef Wifi Extreme LEDS and T5s.

Its been 4 weeks now so I figured it was as good as time to take some pictures and show the progress.

Kids were excited to hope in and help on this one.

Also built a custom shed behind the tank for water changes and to store RO water. This makes water changes so much easier. Water is pumped out and in so carrying buckets arent necessary.

My Favorite Fish, potters leopard wrasse. Hes eating pods and some frozen so far.

Tank has been up for 3 months now. Good as time as any to take some updated pictures. Things are starting to grow and I added a few new fish and corals.

Picked up this Purple Tang at RAP, hes a piggy.

Not sure if I got lucky with this guy, hes by far my favorite fish, eats anything including Nori and is not shy at all.

Best part of my clean up crew by far, keep my sand super clean.

My oldest fish.

Cant remember the name of these Zoas but started with 5 about 2 months ago. Anybody know what they are called?

Boss of the tank

Hoping this grafted monti continues to grow.

Everyone should have a bubble, adds a ton of life to the tank.

Dad of the year goes to this guy, never leaves the babies side. They lay eggs every 2 weeks with out fail.

Did you use a regular camera to take those pics or where they from a phone camera? Your stuff looks really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
[MENTION=8260]benibarra23[/MENTION] your tank is sweet. Any updates? I've always wanted a hawkfish. Has he been a model citizen for you?

[MENTION=8260]benibarra23[/MENTION] your tank is sweet. Any updates? I've always wanted a hawkfish. Has he been a model citizen for you?
Thanks! Things are growing fast so I'll have to take pictures again. I got new lights, skimmer and some other new toys. Flame hawk is a must for all tanks. They are so cool and have tons of personality. No problems with them at all.

SantaMonicaHelp

So the wife wanted new tile in the house so that was as good excuse as any to do an upgrade.

Picked up a 150 Leemar Starphire tank 5x2x2. The stand and canopy were custom made with a nice wide door on the side which gives me tons of room to work on. The move was a major pain but I am loving it now. I moved from a 120 tall before and it feels like I have way more room now. I did lose some stuff in the move but things are starting to grow back and I was able to pick up some nice stuff. Here is the equipment im using on the new tank.

Neptune Apex, Salinity Module, LSM, Autofeeder. Diablo Skimmer with the bubble blaster pump. Vectra Return Pump, 2 MP40s, Sea Swirl on the return. Herbie Style overflow which is dead silent, way happy with this. SB Reef Wifi Extreme LEDS and T5s.

Its been 4 weeks now so I figured it was as good as time to take some pictures and show the progress.

Kids were excited to hope in and help on this one.

Also built a custom shed behind the tank for water changes and to store RO water. This makes water changes so much easier. Water is pumped out and in so carrying buckets arent necessary.

My Favorite Fish, potters leopard wrasse. Hes eating pods and some frozen so far.

Hi Ben,

Such a good start! The tank is beautiful :)
I think your wife and kids love this tank a lot!
You have so many different fish..what are they?

Zhenya