Flow meters

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking for a water flow meter to measure how much water I'm draining and replacing when doing a water change, sick of guessing. anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
120g and I have started doing 5g water changes every two days for a couple weeks now to experiment with smaller more frequent water changes vs larger ones every other week. I'm just trying to come up with something to make it easier and less hassle and maybe something I can do with the flip of a switch

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
That's what I was looking at also, guess I'll have to give them a try. Thanks!

I personally would go low tech, and measure a metered grid on a 5 gallon bucket and go from there.

You can get a good graduated cylinder for about 13 dollars, fill it with water, pour it on the bucket and then mark it on the side with the help of a light.

I personally would go low tech, and measure a metered grid on a 5 gallon bucket and go from there.

You can get a good graduated cylinder for about 13 dollars, fill it with water, pour it on the bucket and then mark it on the side with the help of a light.
+1

i havent had much luck with flow meters, as there aren't that many available in the sizes typical of aquarium plumbing, and drain flow is inconsistent. drains run slow, then very fast at full siphon, then slow again. so instantaneous flow rates wouldn't tell you much.

HTH

Latest posts