45 gallon Acros Tank

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Oh man, I for see some awesome pictures with that lens! Nice pictures. Can't wait to see what that confetti does for you. The pictures I see on Vivid's FB page are insane.

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh man, I for see some awesome pictures with that lens! Nice pictures. Can't wait to see what that confetti does for you. The pictures I see on Vivid's FB page are insane.
I saw their colony in person. Its a good looking acro, but not that crazy like their pic.
Also, I moved all of the new frags into my 100 gallons. Please Check for the update overthere!!!
100 gallons Acros tank
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...om/forums/showthread.php?t=87494&share_type=t
These are some update pics I posted on that thread:

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Some close up/macro using the new lens: Tamron 90mm 1:1.
Light setting was 14k when shoot and correct color in lightroom. No filter used.
Vivid Rainbow Delight

The French Wolverines

Lady in Pink

Wd

Asd Doomsday

Cool shot of Strawberry shortcake and Joe Rainbow

Last edited:

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Very quick FTS before light out. Since the big tank up and running, this tank become a working tank. Constantly cut and cut and cut,....

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Theres a saying that every party comes to an end. I am very sad to say that I am breaking down this system.
As you know, this is my first reef tank, I failed and learned a lot in the past 4 years committed to the tank. I am very please to know that the thread has entertained, inspired, and actual helped many other fellow reefers.
I have been making countless friends during the past couple years, due to this thread.
Consider it is my first system, I made a lot of irreversible mistakes such as poor plumbing, poor wire management, poor corals placement,... The tank is in my bed room, and its noisy. The plumbing doesnt have failsafe, doesnt have any union to take apart for maintenance,... the wire is really messy > high risk of fire. Ultimately, there is no point to keep and maintain 2 display tanks.

Thats why I decided this system will be taken down, and replace with a 6ftx2ft grow out/frags system. (Please dont forget to follow that build)
With the same footsprint, I can keep more corals and frags, those colonies I have right now will have a chance to grow big! Ultimately, more quiet and lesser maintenance.

I will STOP update this thread after the breakdown.
So Please, sit down and enjoy the threads last show.
The tool necessary of course: coral saw. I choose Gryphon C-40 and really happy with my purchase.

The objective is how to keep everything healthy when taking down the tank. I dont want a bunch of brown colonies in my new frag system.

Last edited:

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
The objective is how to keep everything healthy when taking down the tank. I dont want a bunch of brown colonies in my new frag system.
I choose to breakdown very slowly, a couple colonies per day. One structure at a time.

So far everything doing really good and keep their coloration.

https://youtu.be/Q2S8sCLGFsM

To be continue...

At least u still got your main dt lol lmk if u need any help man. I work for free and will only accept knowledge and guidance lol btw the frags are doin super well and starting to encrust Ill try to get a pic when I can

At least u still got your main dt lol lmk if u need any help man. I work for free and will only accept knowledge and guidance lol btw the frags are doin super well and starting to encrust Ill try to get a pic when I can
Same! Let me know if there is anything I can help with!

- David

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Same! Let me know if there is anything I can help with!

- David
Thank you guys. I am really appreciate! I am breaking it down very slow so its not too much work.

Meanwhile, the right structure had been removed.

My little helper. Think again, we should use gloves. There were many bristle worm under the rocks.

But then she realized the rock is heavy...

It really not easy to saw down. Took me a while.

A coupe hours later, after 10 gallons water change. Everything settle down nicely. No color loss.

The frag tank officially full!

I suddenly think that shallow grow out/ frags system will be a good idea since acroporas are meant to be viewed top down

To be continue,...

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Cam on cam on!!!
What happened to all the pieces that stick to the bottom?
It was a headache. I didnt know how to cut it down. But I tried to pull a whole colony off by hand to see if I can break the colony off the encrusting. But surprisingly it just came out. The colony and the encrusting base. I guess they cant hold strong into glass.

I did the same on Another colony that encrusting to the overflow box. The glass encrusting part came off, but the part that encrusted to the overflow (acrylic) didnt came out.

Latest posts