45 gallon Acros Tank

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
I think my doser is failing. The Alk drop to 6.8dkh last night (I haven't tested for a week) even with the rate of 100 mil a day.
I'm kind of surprised how tolerant acros can handle. everything still look good.

My Vectra M1 also *** up. I notice a huge swinging in its power usage. Disassembled everything and see this. It's extremely hot, I think the inside motor was melted.

The pump just over a year (warranty expired ). Hopefully me and Ecotech can work something out.

Hey V..i would double check the Hanna...i had bad reading on a reagent i had...bought new one and reading was 1dkh off

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Something is really really weird happening.
My Alk dropped dramatically.
- Test 1st time with hanna checker, old reagent : 92ppm ~ 5.143 dkh
- Test 2nd time using brand new reagent: 86ppm ~4.8dkh
- Test 3rd time using Redsea : 5.6dkh.

Nothing seem affected, but I can't figure out what's wrong here.

Current dosing: 110 mil ESV part 1, 110 mil ESV part 2

Acros dont always show signs right away when my alk spiked 3 weeks later the tips started to burn and alk was already stable

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
My Walt Disney really upset with me because I frag her too much, she pop the rainbow out to let me know that she doesn't happy about that.

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Getting Alkalinity back up to 8.5 dkh. Current dosing is 140 mils each part (ESV). I think is it too much for dosing, and everything can go wrong if the doser fail so I decide to set up an additional calcium reactor.
I decided to go with the aquamaxx t1 calcium reactor because the price and good reviews from friends. To get the most out of too method (2 parts dosing and cal reactor), I will run 50/50 on both. I will try to reduce the dosing rate to 70~100 mils and the rest will supplied by calcium reactor.

Pics today: frags that are cooking in my frag tank under radion g3 pro.

Vivid confetti: it upset a little since the alk swing last week, and the heat strike this week.

Vivid Dragon fruit. Should get more yellow out of this guy.

Unknown tenuis from Smite

Vivid violet flame. Still look pale and polyps are not fully out yet, but you can see the interesting red polyps on this guy. Gonna be a killer acro for sure.

Matt V rainbow envy: no introduction need.

Vivid Snap dragon

Vivid Tequila sunrise Acropora : the color on this guy is just unreal!

Vivid Purple rain:

Cb Magnificent: no introduction needed!

Vivid rainbow delight: I couldn't get the acro fully color up in my main tank, but since I put it in the frag tank...boom...the rainbow!

Last edited:

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Some other in the main tank:

No name: i gotta name it myself.

Ice&fire echinata:

Shade of fall and tdf

Wwc W.T.F

Rr the Vinh

Rr Lady in Pink

Asd Strawberry wine

Rr Int Blue Planet

Violet flame and purple rain are both Vivid Aquarium originals, correct? Both are very nice. Love the Rainbow Delight too.
Yes, they are. Including the vivid confetti.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow, how do you keep track of all the names? Very beautiful collection

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Big trimming this month.
The problem with this tank right now is I have to constantly trimming, keep everything small, not letting any acros outgrowth the other.
I took out some colonies to save space for the other. Still over 40 spieces in the 45 gallons main display and over 70 spieces total in the system.

Big trimming this month.
The problem with this tank right now is I have to constantly trimming, keep everything small, not letting any acros outgrowth the other.
I took out some colonies to save space for the other. Still over 40 spieces in the 45 gallons main display and over 70 spieces total in the system.

Dibs on some frags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice update V. I have to be more proficient with my tank updates as well. All the frags I got from you are doing well. Its always great to see their color potential. I will do another second round frag pack from you soon. I can't wait for your newly acquired pieces to grow and color up.

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice update V. I have to be more proficient with my tank updates as well. All the frags I got from you are doing well. Its always great to see their color potential. I will do another second round frag pack from you soon. I can't wait for your newly acquired pieces to grow and color up.
You better be hurry, my corals tend to go for cheap when my frag tanks are full.
Glad to hear they doing good Saul. It's not because of my frags, it's because you have bad *** system bro!

Hey quick question for you.

When you are doing your dosing, do you have your pump dose multiple times a day or all at once?
Right now, I dose 130mil of each part on the cycle of 24 time per day.

You better be hurry, my corals tend to go for cheap when my frag tanks are full.
Glad to hear they doing good Saul. It's not because of my frags, it's because you have bad *** system bro!

Right now, I dose 130mil of each part on the cycle of 24 time per day.

Dang! So you are dosing a little bit every hour essentially. I'm only dosing my tank 4 times per day (newly set up), but I think I'm going to increase the dosing schedule so I have even more consistent parameters. Thanks Mr V!