45 gallon Acros Tank

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
This gem gonna be sooo hooooot when he become a colony.

Everyone visited my tank notice this guy first, for sure an eyes catcher!

Meanwhile, the strawberry shortcake has fully recovered. Back to its glory! Yay.
01/19

05/09

Asd doomsday growing really slow.
01/10

05/09

This gem gonna be sooo hooooot when he become a colony.

Everyone visited my tank notice this guy first, for sure an eyes catcher!

Meanwhile, the strawberry shortcake has fully recovered. Back to its glory! Yay.
01/19

05/09

Asd doomsday growing really slow.
01/10

05/09
Wish i could take pics like you...
Heres my doomsday from Will...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

watchguy123

Featured Reef
What beautiful acros and photography. In one of your earlier posts, you said with a little patience and you showed a little frag that blossomed into a wonderful colony. You are modest indeed. You have so much more than patience, in order to achieve this level of success with acros, you also need constant vigilance and dedication. Never ending observation and maintenance. It is a beautiful reef tank and outstanding effort and skill. Kudos to you. Keep the pictures coming

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Wish i could take pics like you...
Heres my doomsday from Will...

Wow, that's amazing man. Look like the bigger it get, the more hairy it is. How long have you had yours? Mine is two year and not even getting half of your size.

What beautiful acros and photography. In one of your earlier posts, you said with a little patience and you showed a little frag that blossomed into a wonderful colony. You are modest indeed. You have so much more than patience, in order to achieve this level of success with acros, you also need constant vigilance and dedication. Never ending observation and maintenance. It is a beautiful reef tank and outstanding effort and skill. Kudos to you. Keep the pictures coming
Thank you very much. Getting compliments from one of the sps guru like you totally makes my day! You didn't notice, but I opened this thread inspired by your "sps addiction" thread.

Wow, that's amazing man. Look like the bigger it get, the more hairy it is. How long have you had yours? Mine is two year and not even getting half of your .
Thanks V!
Mine is about close to 2 years also.
Somehow it loved the high par and blew up. I'll see if I can get a better pic of it tonight..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Such a bad day today!
I come home at 10:30pm and freak out when my room is DARK. It's never been dark before 2AM since 2012!
My wife accidentally turn off all the equipment in the room when she turned off the AC.

My Shrimps died. My Royal Gamma, my HUGE royal Gamma died. My yellow tang may or may not survive tonight. My dear fishes, they've been with me for 3 years!

My room smell like dead fishes. The water turn milky. Acros look stress but I think they will pull thru. My acros are tough as hell!
Such a bad coincidence when I just lend my boss the refractometer this morning. And I don't have a refractometer to do water change! Thanks [MENTION=8580]CoralNerd[/MENTION] for let me borrow yours.
Thank you [MENTION=7067]Smite[/MENTION], and [MENTION=403]Chris[/MENTION]tian for answering my text, and I'm so sorry for bother you at this time.

Lesson learn: if you don't have a back up battery, get one!

Such a bad day today!
I come home at 10:30pm and freak out when my room is DARK. It's never been dark before 2AM since 2012!
My wife accidentally turn off all the equipment in the room when she turned off the AC.

My Shrimps died. My Royal Gamma, my HUGE royal Gamma died. My yellow tang may or may not survive tonight. My dear fishes, they've been with me for 3 years!

My room smell like dead fishes. The water turn milky. Acros look stress but I think they will pull thru. My acros are tough as hell!
Such a bad coincidence when I just lend my boss the refractometer this morning. And I don't have a refractometer to do water change! Thanks [MENTION=8580]CoralNerd[/MENTION] for let me borrow yours.
Thank you [MENTION=7067]Smite[/MENTION], and [MENTION=403]Chris[/MENTION]tian for answering my text, and I'm so sorry for bother you at this time.

Oh no!!! So sorry to hear that! Hope everything else pulls through

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build
Man Viet I'm so sorry for your troubles bro. While the fish are a big loss and I'm glad that the entire tank wasn't nuked. Let me know if you need anything.

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
According to my wife, she turned off "the ac" at 7:30pm, so it was only around 3 hours without power.
I just did 15 gallons water change, change GAC, skim wet, air pump.
Everything look better at this moment. The yellow tang start swimming. Polyps start coming out , only the Pikachu colony still look sick.

I don't have test kit for ammonia, but po4 is 0ppm and no3 is 0.2ppm.
Thank you bro [MENTION=5734]SandStorm[/MENTION] for stay up really late, gave me very helpful advises!
Let's hope I don't see any rtn tomorrow.

Such a bad day today!

Ouch! Sorry to hear V...
Hopefully you dont have anymore loses..

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Dang! Sorry for your losses V! Atleast you caught it relatively quick before the lost fish started breaking down and nuked the tank. Sounds like an oxygen issue for sure. Probably dropped your pH but hopefully not enough to rtn/stn your sticks.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
I am so sorry about your loss. It seems that no matter what you prepare for, something awful can happen at anytime.

three hours is a long time, but not all that long. What in the world would cause the water to turn milky in that time.

Oxygen reduction took place for sure, although I don't have any idea what time without circulation leads to oxygen starvation for fish. It just seems three hours is so fast. This is crazy sad. I wonder if anyone has any input or knowledge how long your tank has a chance of survival without power.

I hope your tank recovers quickly and I feel for your fish losses.

Latest posts