45 gallon Acros Tank

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
I am so sorry about your loss. It seems that no matter what you prepare for, something awful can happen at anytime.

three hours is a long time, but not all that long. What in the world would cause the water to turn milky in that time.

Oxygen reduction took place for sure, although I don't have any idea what time without circulation leads to oxygen starvation for fish. It just seems three hours is so fast. This is crazy sad. I wonder if anyone has any input or knowledge how long your tank has a chance of survival without power.

I hope your tank recovers quickly and I feel for your fish losses.
I guess it all depend on the weather at the time of power outages.
In my case, 3 hours was not bad enough to kill any acro, but killed my Royal Gamma. Maybe he was too old and weak? Anyone have any idea how old can a Royal Gamma live? Mine is around 3 years old.
So far everything recover really well, except for the Pikachu. I can see polyps are going out, it still look really stress.

The only rtn happened was on this acro, but it stopped, luckily.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Nice glad to see that your sticks are doing good. If that rtn turns into stn like it did for my efflo, hit it with a dab of superglue so it goes just over the living edge of flesh. Saved my efflo. Looks ugly but only until it gets covered.

Sorry about your fish loss, I know the feeling. I lost my 7+ years onyx clownfish pair in a matter of days from velvet.

Your accident really confirms my decision to also get a battery back up ASAP. Power Outage is my biggest fear right now because we have had several in the summer last greater than 5+ hrs!

It looks like your acro's will recover but in a worse case scenario I have some your frags that I would give back once they grow out a little more. :)

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Every slowly getting back after the incident. Suddenly, without any sign of stress, my red dragon rtn!
A week after the power outage! Hopefully it's the only one!
The other acros still doing very good

The Fox flame is my frag tank was doing better so I decided to move it to my main tank, and transfer my frag to the frag tank.

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm holding this gem for Smite until he set up another tank.
Very cool acro with blue tips and yellow ring. I have no space, so it goes to the glass

This look better and better everyday with purple tips and blue polyps
Rr the vinh

Sunset Milli:

Yellow carolina:

Rr Biohazard:

Anyone know the name of this acro? More and more orange everyday.

I love my rose milli, every deep color!

Fishnugget

Wow...very nice pics. Your acros look bigger since the last time I was there. Especially your Hawkins, looks like it tripled in size. I like seeing your pics because your acro colors set the standard for how mine should look. It looks like you need to frag again, lol :)

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Some more pics:

Jkr Joe Rainbow

Pc Rainbow

Rr Pretty in Pink

Sunset Milli

Sc Orange Passion

Bc Therman Rainbow

ATL Shade of Fall

Wwc WT* acro

Vivid Fire garden

Ora Pearlberry

...no name...

Asd Sweet tort (ready to be cut again! )

Blue milli

After 2 years sitting around, this bad boy decides to encrust.

Hey V,
Do you use filter socks in your sump?
Nope, I'm too lazy for it!

OMGoodness...incredible corals and pics, keep posting more!

I am considering removing mine. I figure I can just vacuum the sump.I am tired of changing socks, its too cumbersome. Maybe I'll get deeper coloration like your pics show.

No socks=more food in water column for sps=maybe more sps coloration

Watch think?