John L
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's my Confetti frag V? =0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by El Dude View Post

A drug deal went bad in Ciudad Juarez. He caught a slug in the ankle. He went to the doctor El Magico, who is a midget, to take the slug out. El Magico only takes frags in trade. Now John is in deep with the midget and if he doesn't come up with the frags El Magico is gonna put another slug in the other ankle.

But what do I know...?

2. Likes Mr V liked this post
    Premium Member
    Name
    V
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a while since the last update.
    So I had a bad outbreak of bryopsis in my frag tank and do a 14 days treatment with fruconazole. What I can tell is the medicine works, and it's reef safe. However I did have some casualties.
    During the 14 days of the treatment, my pH drop significantly (~7.8) and sure the nutrient rising plus no water change. The environmental change makes some creatures living in it become more aggressive. After years living peaceful together, those zoas decided to kill their neighbors.
    My pink lemonade colony losed the fight.

So, this is the last pics of it. RIP baby.

I took a risk and removed them...by hand.

The blue bonsai also decided it doesn't want to be around the Pikachu any more (or may be the zoas's toxic juice make them irritate) . Luckily I am able to save the Pikachu colony just in time. It now sitting on my frag tank, color lost and polyps retract.

I also about to get the calcium reactor running.
    Currently decreasing the doser rate from 135 mil each part to 100 mil each part with the calcium reactor's pH at 6.75~6.85.

Did 20 gallons water change, add GAC after the treatment finish ( all bryopsis gone) yesterday and today everything blooming again!

Some top down pic , so you have some idea how much of a space vs corals that I have to deal right now.

Trimming my Strawberry shortcake to the root again. Man, this one grow soooo fast I can't keep up with the trimming.

I decided to name this one Mr V's Biohazard since I bought it as RR biohazard and turn out it's not a rr biohazard.
    Super hairy and true yellow. (Frags available )

My heart skips a beat or two every time I see this baby.
    A True pink Walt Disney.

4. Likes dorkymk3, Bouncingsoul393 liked this post
    Registered Member
    Name
    Brian
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where in terms of lighting and flow are you keeping your WD? What's your lineage on it? Truly amazing piece

Wrasse Wisperer
    Name
    Ben
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
    I think my doser is failing. The Alk drop to 6.8dkh last night (I haven't tested for a week) even with the rate of 100 mil a day.
    I'm kind of surprised how tolerant acros can handle. everything still look good.

My Vectra M1 also *** up. I notice a huge swinging in its power usage. Disassembled everything and see this. It's extremely hot, I think the inside motor was melted.

The pump just over a year (warranty expired ). Hopefully me and Ecotech can work something out.
    Hey Mr. V, my L1 did the exact same thing. They warrantied it (overnighted me a new one). Did they send you a new one?

Ps. your corals are gorgeous!

Premium Member
    Name
    V
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brianspider View Post
    Where in terms of lighting and flow are you keeping your WD? What's your lineage on it? Truly amazing piece
    As you can see in the topdown pic. It is on the top layer of my tank. All of my corals received extreme flow!

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlost View Post
    Hey Mr. V, my L1 did the exact same thing. They warrantied it (overnighted me a new one). Did they send you a new one?

Ps. your corals are gorgeous!
    Thank you.
    They are pretty good as customer service. They sent me a new pump.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread Information