User Tag List

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Name
    Matt
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Weird V, looks like it got pale. Like it got stripped of nutrients? Still beautiful for sure though.
    66 SCA waiting to get wet!

Name
    V
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 45 gallon Acros Tank

I can't sleep tonight...again, so here are some pics...

Rr the Vinh, surprisingly people doesn't love the blue polyps as much as I do.

Bc battle juice: also blue polyps with blue tips instead of pink like rr the vinh.

Asd doomsday:

Rose mili

My new addition: rr Pink Floyd. Already yellow with red polyps. I always have a thing for yellow acros!

A while ago, i got this one as a freebie for my pack purchase. I didn't see any potential in it, just a normal red acro. Well, I change my perception for it today. Love the red! It's the most red-ish acro in the the right now. Vivid fire garden doesn't have enough "fire" compared to this bad boy.
    Also table out nicely

Some fun top down shots

Quote Originally Posted by Smite View Post
    Weird V, looks like it got pale. Like it got stripped of nutrients? Still beautiful for sure though.
    It definitely lack of nutrients my friend. I've lived in the comfort zone for too long that I didn't notice all the algae in my tank (except cyano_which was bacteria) were gone! I was lazy and skip target feeding for the last couple month.
    After a week of heavy feeding, Things are going better.
    Last edited by Mr V; 11-12-2017 at 01:50 AM.

3. Likes Smite liked this post
    Name
    V
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 45 gallon Acros Tank

Time does fly fast. It's been a year since I opened this thread.
    Let's see a before/after FTS :

02/15

11/17

Registered Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show off!
    I almost bought a school of Chromis the other day. But I'm thinking 14 fish already in my 45 is too many.

6. Thanks Mr V thanked for this post
    Contributing Member
    Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Mr V. It is an amazing accomplishment with your beautiful tank. It is so easy to be lulled by either being in a comfort zone or getting lazy. It is difficult to be consistent for anyone. Success like yours only comes from being very detailed. Your colors are great and so is your choice of acros. You said you started feeding heavily this last week and you said that you target feed. What do you feed and/or supplement with. What do you run your nitrates and phosphates at. What do you use for nutrient export

8. Thanks Mr V thanked for this post
    Registered Member
    Name
    Erik
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Corals looking good as always!! Had a bit of a crash on my tank unfortunately lost a few frags I got from you. Going to have to buy more once tank is ready again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Mr V liked this post
    Contributing Member
    Name
    Danny
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your tank is awesome. That RR the Vinh is sooo nice! Thanks for my frag, even better in person! Let me know when you have the Carolina and other frags I don't have from you. Your stuff is some of the most colored up frags I have purchased in many years!

12. Thanks Mr V thanked for this post
    Name
    V
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by watchguy123 View Post
    @Mr V. It is an amazing accomplishment with your beautiful tank. It is so easy to be lulled by either being in a comfort zone or getting lazy. It is difficult to be consistent for anyone. Success like yours only comes from being very detailed. Your colors are great and so is your choice of acros. You said you started feeding heavily this last week and you said that you target feed. What do you feed and/or supplement with. What do you run your nitrates and phosphates at. What do you use for nutrient export
    Thank Mark. I always target feed the acros with Reefroid because I think its particle is small enough for the polyps to consume (well, if they really do).
    I am distracted by another "project" lately and totally discontinued the feeding. (Just dump 2 cubes of mysis into the tank everyday for fishes)
    My export relied solely on my good/overkilled skimmer (Quantium 160), chaeto, and marinepure block (8x4).

I am like "set it up and forget it" type of reefer. Because I think the more time we have to put on maintenance, the less time we have to really enjoy the tank.

For the nutrients, I don't test, just observe the amount of algae in my tank. As long as they appear but not out break, then I know I am in good position. (Like right now, they all disappeared, so I know my nutrients must be going down).

P/s: honestly, your sps look better than mine. Make me feel ashamed giving those "advice"

This is the other "project" that distracts me from reefing lately.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanslide View Post
    Corals looking good as always!! Had a bit of a crash on my tank unfortunately lost a few frags I got from you. Going to have to buy more once tank is ready again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Opps, sorry to hear that bro. But it's part of the game ( like a friend said). Sps are so sensitive and unpredictable. I also lost a lot of my favorite acros due to....nothing!
    And that's why we need reef-buddy in this game!
    Shoot me a text whenever your tank is ready. I got your back!

Quote Originally Posted by Justkeepswimming View Post
    Your tank is awesome. That RR the Vinh is sooo nice! Thanks for my frag, even better in person! Let me know when you have the Carolina and other frags I don't have from you. Your stuff is some of the most colored up frags I have purchased in many years!
    Yeah bro, rr the Vinh is nice. The blue polyps is blue even under white/yellow lighting.
    The yellow carolina is like a no-grower to me. It happy, but stay the same for the last couple months.
    Shoot me a list of what you want?

Registered Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making shoes for gnomes to chop wood in? Weird project.

Name
    V
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sklywag View Post
    Making shoes for gnomes to chop wood in? Weird project.
    Not as weird as what I am doing right now: glueing animals to rocks.

16. Likes sklywag liked this post

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread Information