45 gallon Acros Tank

Corals looking good as always!! Had a bit of a crash on my tank unfortunately lost a few frags I got from you. Going to have to buy more once tank is ready again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your tank is awesome. That RR the Vinh is sooo nice! Thanks for my frag, even better in person! Let me know when you have the Carolina and other frags I don't have from you. Your stuff is some of the most colored up frags I have purchased in many years!

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
[MENTION=6293]Mr V[/MENTION]. It is an amazing accomplishment with your beautiful tank. It is so easy to be lulled by either being in a comfort zone or getting lazy. It is difficult to be consistent for anyone. Success like yours only comes from being very detailed. Your colors are great and so is your choice of acros. You said you started feeding heavily this last week and you said that you target feed. What do you feed and/or supplement with. What do you run your nitrates and phosphates at. What do you use for nutrient export
Thank Mark. I always target feed the acros with Reefroid because I think its particle is small enough for the polyps to consume (well, if they really do).
I am distracted by another "project" lately and totally discontinued the feeding. (Just dump 2 cubes of mysis into the tank everyday for fishes)
My export relied solely on my good/overkilled skimmer (Quantium 160), chaeto, and marinepure block (8x4).

I am like "set it up and forget it" type of reefer. Because I think the more time we have to put on maintenance, the less time we have to really enjoy the tank.

For the nutrients, I don't test, just observe the amount of algae in my tank. As long as they appear but not out break, then I know I am in good position. (Like right now, they all disappeared, so I know my nutrients must be going down).

P/s: honestly, your sps look better than mine. Make me feel ashamed giving those "advice"

This is the other "project" that distracts me from reefing lately.

Corals looking good as always!! Had a bit of a crash on my tank unfortunately lost a few frags I got from you. Going to have to buy more once tank is ready again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Opps, sorry to hear that bro. But it's part of the game ( like a friend said). Sps are so sensitive and unpredictable. I also lost a lot of my favorite acros due to....nothing!
And that's why we need reef-buddy in this game!
Shoot me a text whenever your tank is ready. I got your back!

Your tank is awesome. That RR the Vinh is sooo nice! Thanks for my frag, even better in person! Let me know when you have the Carolina and other frags I don't have from you. Your stuff is some of the most colored up frags I have purchased in many years!
Yeah bro, rr the Vinh is nice. The blue polyps is blue even under white/yellow lighting.
The yellow carolina is like a no-grower to me. It happy, but stay the same for the last couple months.
Shoot me a list of what you want?

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
I've been trying to figure out the issue and the people over at tapatalk are not much help. Hopefully i can come to a resolution soon!

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Something weird happed to my Walt Disney. It turns to...yellow.
The color is actually glowing, way better than its natural color. But I suspect it more bad than good.
Everything stay normal, except for the Mag go up to 1600.

Well, one month of heavy feeding and 20 days of skim-less, the pink has come back...heavily...as well as the bubble algae

Latest posts