New to here, so doing a "little intro" and already seeking advice.

teemonee6

Hi everybody,

My name is Tee. I am new to here and I was instructed to post something about myself. First time using forums so forgive me if I do not know the proper etiquette. I know there are rules or things that people are use to. Please keep in mind I am not a computer pro nor am I using this on a computer. I will try my best to post photos, be involved and participate as I go along. You will see that I am a very giving person and a very useful friend. I pretty much have zilch experience in this game, but checking out some stores and seeing people involved has me pretty much addicted. I just now feel comfortable with my testing but still feel like I am not doing it right. I am currently using the RED SEA and the SALI.

I had a GHA problem and now put everything in a black-out bucket. I will not reuse the rocks as I already bought new ones. As for the coral , I will clean it up and possibly give them away or put them in my RED SEA, after its cycled, I am feeding them reef-roids currently. I have a bunch hermit crabs, fire fish, clown, emerald crab. They are being watched by my LFS while I do a reboot on my 10g.

Anyways, I currently just rebooted a 10g gallon JBJ desktop and also just got in on a great deal for a red sea e-260. Problem is that I am not a DIYer and when it was delivered to me, I did not realize that there would be assembly and installation of the piping's? Does anybody know if theres any body local I can pay to assemble my tank as I do not have the exp nor do I want to mess up something so delicate. I am located in the San Gabriel area.

And any advice on things I can do or I am doing wrong with my tanks? Even though its new, any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Welcome to the addiction. Im in rosemead area, if you need help. Plumbing is not my strong point but can help you figure it out. Let me know.

teemonee6

Yeah any help would be great, I'm not a IKEA guy if u get my drift . I am more than happy to compensate for your troubles, so if anybody might know somebody please let me know, thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post some pictures of your parts etc and Im sure we can give you some pointers. If its a kit from red sea it shouldnt be too hard unless you are missing some pieces.

Welcome. Similar boat as me about a year ago.

I personally recommend books. I have difficulty reading stuff on forums because there are so many mixed opinions and ways of saying between different people that it gets jumbled in my head.

I had a great understanding of nitrogen cycling, but reef concepts just did not make sense.

I read two recommended, but poorly written books that confused the hell out of me.

Then I read this one and it changed everything :8

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0764160230/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The marinev reef aquarium by phil hunt.

It is slightly dated, but it's concepts and organization are the absolute best starting point. It is written better than any article online that someone will otherwise point you to.

It touches on plumbing, livestock and chemistry and really lets you know what you need to learn more about easily.

It does NOT touch specifically on nano tank (less than 50 gallons), but the basic information it provides is just fine.

Have fun and welcome.

Sent using TAPATALK via Android

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome, Tee! Lots of good info around here and good peeps. I am sure someone in your area can help.

Latest posts