How do I fix this?

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
https://vimeo.com/189995732

Has been doing this for a week or two now. I have to hand feed him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not much you can do... he has swim bladder infection, some poke them to release the air but I don't know anyone who has been successful. My friend tried it on my fish but still didn't make it. Sorry man.

It is in a hospital think right now it had fin rot so it was in the hospital tank with fish first aid

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Well a combination of popeye fin rot and mysterious red patches could be some form of bacterial issue. I looked up fish first aid and seems to be more of a booster but not an antibiotic. Probably should consider a major water change and adding antibiotics to mitigate the bacterial infections.

There is a female watanabei in there with the Kole tang. I have been doing water changes but I'll add the furan

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Furan 2 is probably the easiest to get from an LFS or big box store since it's API. I figured you were doing water changes already since you're running a hospital tank which is great! But doing one prior to treatment will most likely give the most optimal conditions as bacteria multiplies very rapidly. Hope the fish pulls through. Also, sorry for the loss on ur other guy. I've seen those red patches before on fish with some kind of toxic reaction from ammonia, bacterial infection, and medication overdose. Believe me I've made all those mistakes in this hobby.

Latest posts