M1 Vectra pump

Has anyone had issues running this pump close to max speed. Every time I ramp it up to the last 3 led on the controller the pump tends to slow down them shut off and stay running at low power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
Make sure there's nothing stuck inside the pump or in the return line.

It only happens when I ramp it up to max or close to it

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
What size pipe is your return and nozzles? Mine drop down to 1/2" nozzles and I had a similar problem when I got a little bit of algae in my tubing. Ramp it up to 100% and put your hand near the intake of the pump. If you feel any water blowing out the intake you could have a slight clog or are trying to pump too much water for your nozzles/plumbing. The pump senses that and shuts down .

Never had an issue with my m1 vectra. I used the jabeo fitting to expand the 3/4" outlet to a 1" output. My pump is running at max currently

I'm going to check my plumbing again but it feel fine

Just check my power supply and it's burning hot anyone else run super hot?

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
if your power supply is really hot then it means the pump is drawing some serious amps out of it. I know some posters asked what your plumbing looks like because it could be that you have too much restriction and it's overworking the pump or it can be a defective power supply. Have you pulled the pump and test it without any plumbing?

if your power supply is really hot then it means the pump is drawing some serious amps out of it. I know some posters asked what your plumbing looks like because it could be that you have too much restriction and it's overworking the pump or it can be a defective power supply. Have you pulled the pump and test it without any plumbing?
Plumbing is 3/4

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
how many return nozzles and what type? what's the height of the pipe? any other details on the plumbing? is there a check valve? Flow restriction can really overwork a pump so just trying to eliminate all the possibilities.
Plumbing is 3/4

how many return nozzles and what type? what's the height of the pipe? any other details on the plumbing? is there a check valve? Flow restriction can really overwork a pump so just trying to eliminate all the possibilities.
Two return nozzles regular loc line ones, total height might b are 5 feet and I'm running my UV and media reactor on the pump as well

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
unscrew the loclines and see if that helps you hit max on your pump. Or pull your pump and put it in a 5 gallon bucket and crank it up and see if it shuts down. If it does then it's the pump. If not it could be something constricting in the plumbing
Two return nozzles regular loc line ones, total height might b are 5 feet and I'm running my UV and media reactor on the pump as well

unscrew the loclines and see if that helps you hit max on your pump. Or pull your pump and put it in a 5 gallon bucket and crank it up and see if it shuts down. If it does then it's the pump. If not it could be something constricting in the plumbing
Will try that today thanks!

Latest posts